the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Anybody on here done ENLS? I’m not gonna lie, it looks intriguing and I do enjoy a good neuro lecture.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Anybody on here done ENLS? I’m not gonna lie, it looks intriguing and I do enjoy a good neuro lecture.
Are you looking at the self-paced one or the live course?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Are you looking at the self-paced one or the live course?
The self-paced one. I don’t really have the time or money to spend traveling for a one day course. The layout for the self-paced version seems similar to NRP, so I was just wondering if anyone has taken it, or knows of anyone else who has.

I’m trying to get my “CE ducks” in row now so that I can be done with them by, or before the year is over. Who knows, maybe a degree eventually. I seem to do ok with self-motivated online stuff, and still like learning and things.

In other news, I just saw that UMBC is hosting a CCEMTP course 2 hours north of me in the summer, though I’m not quite sure I can commit that many weeks away from my job.

...decisions, decisions.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The CCEMTP course isn't really worth it brother. pm me

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@VentMonkey CE for NR or for CA? I think I can use 10 hours of distributive for "free choice" topics.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Either, or. I think I’m going to give this one a go just to add to the CE’s required.

Cool. I'll be very curious to hear how you like it!

RocketMedic

So I watched "Coco" on Netflix (Pixar) and am impressed. Mexican afterlife looks pretty sweet. Fan theory: book of life and coco are of common roots?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I really liked The book of Life. Have yet to see Coco.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
My family and I absolutely loved this movie. The cultural touches are all pretty spot on, and done classy and quite well.

Adding alebrijes, ofrendas, and even the spanglish nicknames like chamaco all added extra authentic touches that seemed to resonate within the Hispanic communities; it got a lot of familiar chuckles when we saw it in the theater as well.
Fan theory: book of life and coco are of common roots?
The Book Of Life was ok, but Disney being Disney simply added their touches and budget, and voila...essentially outdid the former.

My theory (weekend-Disneyhead by default with two girls, and a former EMT partner who’s a full-fledged AP holder/ Disney snob)—IIRC, Disney was supposed to release this movie when The Book Of Life came out, but they didn’t so the other big animation studio produced Book Of Life seemingly expeditiously.

Book Of Life had some accuracy’s as well, like naming the “villian” Xibalba, which is essentially the ultimate Mayan underworld. And yeah, if you notice the similarities in the “after” life of both movies, both are parallel for a multitude of reasons. But I’m sure an actual Chicano Arts major, or culture-driven professor could decrypt their nuances.
I really liked The book of Life. Have yet to see Coco.
It outdoes The Book Of Life by my, and many of my family members standards.

RocketMedic

I took the Mexican theme further and got some Mexican work boots. Leather, half the price and twice the comfort of 511s. Also, "Hecho en Mexico"

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I took the Mexican theme further and got some Mexican work boots.
Were you able to wrangle a complimentary ostrich-skinned belt to accompany these boots?

Also, maintenance of said boots requires you leave them outside the front doorstep of your house;).

RocketMedic

"Cebu" brand, generic black leather boots. Next ones will be the "Hecho en Mexico" American flag boots

RocketMedic

Sux racing goes great with tide pods and the hot coil challenge.

Mmm....tide.
#jobsecurityireckon

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmmm drones are fun. I might expand m photography to include aerial photography

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hmmm drones are fun. I might expand m photography to include aerial photography
Which drone set up are you looking into? I’d love to get the DJI Mavic pro but can’t shell out the +$1,000 for it haha