the 100% directionless thread

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
What's the fix? Municipal or state HEMS? And reducing the use of HEMS for indications where there is little value added?
Possibly... Look at helicopter use by law enforcement... daily, hours and hours of flying, low and fast in crowded airspace. They have minimal crashes compared to HEMS.

Why is the incidence of these crashes in HEMS so damn high compared to everywhere else?... I believe someone else said it...
Profit based companies that push the limits compounded with the hero complex of the magical flight suit is a recipe for disaster, clearly.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Why do people insist on asking couples that have been engaged less than a week ome of two questions.
A)when is the baby due?
Or B) have yall picked a date yet?

I think Cyn is about to strangle people lol

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Why do people insist on asking couples that have been engaged less than a week ome of two questions.
A)when is the baby due?

Hey bud whens the baby due and have y'all picked a date yet?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A)when is the baby due?

You are more than welcome to name your first born after me

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Possibly... Look at helicopter use by law enforcement... daily, hours and hours of flying, low and fast in crowded airspace. They have minimal crashes compared to HEMS.

Why is the incidence of these crashes in HEMS so damn high compared to everywhere else?... I believe someone else said it...
Profit based companies that push the limits compounded with the hero complex of the magical flight suit is a recipe for disaster, clearly.

I don't think state agencies vs. private has anything to do with it personally. I mean look at the Maryland State Police. They are fairly good at putting helicopter sized holes in the ground based off their record and they have virtually unlimited funding and all the toys they want. They have had 4 fatal accidents since their inception and continue to pull the wool over the eyes of the taxpayers by saying they need more funding and newer equipment, when in fact poor pilot training and error caused the last fatal accident.

Last edited:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Who thinks we should do an EMTLife pool on when the baby is born and the day of the wedding?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

PotatoMedic

So Cabela's has a ridiculously good deal going on right now. Savage 12FV (heavy barrel and a accu trigger) for $319 with a $100 rebate.....I bought 3......Merry Christmas to myself.
Tempted...

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
So Cabela's has a ridiculously good deal going on right now. Savage 12FV (heavy barrel and a accu trigger) for $319 with a $100 rebate.....I bought 3......Merry Christmas to myself.

Damn :( No Cabela's around me.....

PotatoMedic

Dude...$219. $200 for a choate stock and the same for a basic vortex scope. $650 and you got a killer set up.
Don't think I can. My driver's license still has my Washington address on it and I'm in Idaho... Most places don't like the out of state addresses.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Damn :( No Cabela's around me.....
Well they have a lot of rebates going, might be able to find something similar if you have a ****s Sporting Goods nearby. Cabelas/****s tend to have some awesome deals pop up with their specialty models from Savage.

Don't think I can. My driver's license still has my Washington address on it and I'm in Idaho... Most places don't like the out of state addresses.
Yea, no idea how that falls in the residency stuff. Seems like a weird grey area.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Well they have a lot of rebates going, might be able to find something similar if you have a ****s Sporting Goods nearby. Cabelas/****s tend to have some awesome deals pop up with their specialty models from Savage.

Yea, no idea how that falls in the residency stuff. Seems like a weird grey area.
For long guns you have to be in a touching state. For handguns you have to have a same stste I'd. I've still got my nm dl and I've lived in tx for 2 years so I've had to deal witg that a few times lol

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
After reading some posts here, some research on my own, and lots of thinking, I am cancelling my flight interview and taking a PT position at a township based paid EMS/Volunteer fire organization (emphasis on EMS). They have a fantastic medical director that I get along with very well, pay is ok but if they came up another 5k I would go there full time.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
For long guns you have to be in a touching state. For handguns you have to have a same stste I'd. I've still got my nm dl and I've lived in tx for 2 years so I've had to deal witg that a few times lol
I wasn't sure how your new move factored in. Couldn't recall when you switched and if you were close to being able to buy in state or not.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Drinking Mexican Tap Water!