the 100% directionless thread

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Is deadly sick, or at least that's how I feel. I have the WORST immune system. And fighting structure fires until 11PM soaking wet in 60 degree weather, doesn't help. -_- Hope my partner lets me get some rest today.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
In a recent randomised controlled trial, 9.5 out of 10 chicks at the bar thought those whos jumpsuit said "DOCTOR" was more attractive than the one that said "PARAMEDIC" on the back.

Sorry Oz :D

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
In a recent randomised controlled trial, 9.5 out of 10 chicks at the bar thought those whos jumpsuit said "DOCTOR" was more attractive than the one that said "PARAMEDIC" on the back.

Sorry Oz :D

I don't know, that kinda sounds lopsided. :)

medic417

The Truth Provider

Sassafras

Forum Captain
My two year old just jumped up and started complaining "my penis, my penis, hurts wookit"...since he just got over a bout with phimosis, I took a peak and it's fine...just standing straight up. LOL

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
fighting structure fires until 11PM soaking wet in 60 degree weather, doesn't help.

Well there your problem lol...I say chicken noodle soup, orange juice (not mixed of course) and rest and you'll be fine ^_^

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Medic417, have you heard anything, good or bad, about the EMT-P AAS at Odessa college? Just wondering since I'm tempted on dropping by there when I go to Pecos next week.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Medic417, have you heard anything, good or bad, about the EMT-P AAS at Odessa college? Just wondering since I'm tempted on dropping by there when I go to Pecos next week.

They have a good reputation in the area. Their students have access to some good clinical sites.

While at Pecos ask the medics there as they will probably have a better feel for it. I hear there is an EMS coordinator that has been running Paramedic courses in the area, but it is non degree, might ask them about it as well.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
Short Circuit 2 is on!!!!!! Lol I loved this movie as a kid! Haha Johnny 5 is awesome!:D

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Got a complaint filed against me.

Apparently a civilian didn't like the fact that an ambulance, not going code, was in the HOV lane behind them....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
But... There are two people in an ambulance, so why can't it use the HOV lane?

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
People just love reporting public safety workers...I had a complaint against me because I blocked a road per my sgts orders during a flood....

medic417

The Truth Provider
Got a complaint filed against me.

Apparently a civilian didn't like the fact that an ambulance, not going code, was in the HOV lane behind them....

Well if you hadn't been pushing my car I would not have reported you.:eek:

medic417

The Truth Provider
People just love reporting public safety workers...I had a complaint against me because I blocked a road per my sgts orders during a flood....

I shut down an interstate for several hours and got lots of complaints filed on me.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
That's what I was wondering.

I remember the night in question too. There was a motorcyle in the HOV, and whilst I was speeding (so were they) I was a safe distance away as I hate driving behind motorcycles at night. The person, who stated they were an off duty cop (I call bull) said SPECIFICALLY "I don't know why an ambulance was in the HOV lane when there was light traffic" (Yes, because it's wrong for the ambulance, but ok for the motorcycle?)

So I had to talk to my operations manager, on my day off, about it. I preemptively accepted blame for speeding (I thought that portion of the road had a different limit, but I was still a bit above that too), but stated that I was a safe distance away.

It sounded like he understood the speeding though, since, per his words, we were going to a 3yo with a partial-FBAO.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
It sounded like he understood the speeding though, since, per his words, we were going to a 3yo with a partial-FBAO.

And not going code 3?:huh:

As for the getting reported thing. The other day my boss received a complaint from a local civilian about our driving while running code 3. Here is the background: We have four ambulances and only three at the most will be staffed. Well, three were out and a fourth call came in. Propane tank had failed and the cloud of propane exploded burning two people. I was on one ambulance just finishing up a call at the hospital. Well, dispatch asked for two ambulances so my partner and I filled one slot and the boss and an off duty EMT filled the other. Long story short, my partner and I show up on scene seconds before my boss and his partner roll up from the other direction. Fire engines everywhere, cops have traffic rerouted as fire is completely blocking one street. This gas station sits right on a traffic circle (roundabout) and rather than go all the way around the circle, my boss (who is driving) cuts through the wrong way, which is virtually a strait shot into the parking lot at the gas station. Remember now that there is no traffic flowing through the circle and cops have all the traffic rerouted.

Next day, the office receives a complaint from a ticked off civilian who wanted to talk to the boss, who happened to be out of the office that day. He kept going on and on about how stupid and reckless our ambulance drivers are and how they are a hazard on the road and will end up killing someone. Eventually the staff managed to get him calmed down enough that he was able to tell his story. He had apparently been standing across the street from the gas station and saw my boss drive through the roundabout the wrong way. He didn't know that the boss was driving it.

:lol:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Did anyone explain to him that (well, atleast here in Texas) emergency vehicles are exempt from traffic laws when driving code? We're kind of allowed to go the wrong way if we must.

As for not going code 3... no need as the kid was already at a hospital with the partial-FBAO already known where. Surgeon at the hospital didn't want to touch it due to it being a ped, so they were sending them out to a childrens hospital.

I went ~78ish (as per my ops manager looking at the records... stupid GPS trackers), as we were 30 minutes away, on the highway with minimal traffic. By company policy, we're allowed 10 over, to a max of 75. So I was still technically in the wrong, which I accepted.

Knock on wood, I'll probably get written up, but they've kept medics that have done far worse (like killing people...though they were dropped to EMT level). I highly doubt they'll do anything drastic to a Paramedic who sped, complaint of not.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
OK,

Do any of you computer people out there know how on earth I can stop those freaking annoying "pop-ups" that play all those annoying commercials? I use firefox and have tried multiple "pop-up" blockers. The only thing they seem to block is links that I want opened in a new window. :angry: These annoying "pop-ups" open themselves in a new window, then proceed to play some kind of audible advertisement. Even if you close them, it keeps running. I had one today that ran for a good solid two minutes while I trying to listen to an online lecture. I am seriously going to shoot the next one that comes up, monitor be damned! I will get one every 5 minutes or so, some talk, some don't. But I don't want any of them and none of the "blockers" I have tried work.

:angry::angry::angry::angry: