the 100% directionless thread

dutemplar

Forum Captain
While it's always possible, I doubt it's super likely. We've been rattling sabers and making threats and whatnot against each other since 1953.....and have had multiple full blown skirmishes with firefights and casualties in the DMZ since then without going to full scale war.

(Btw the GBU-43/B Massive Ordinance Air Burst aka MOAB is so big that it has to be dropped by a C-130 cargo plane....probably not a good opening strike platform against the Norks lol.....on the other hand we do have the GBU-57A/B Massive Ordinance Penetrator (MOP) which is similarly sized (but carries half the explosive payload, is still about 10,000 pounds heavier because it is explicitly designed to be a bunker buster designed to take out Iranian and North Korean nuclear bunkers....a B2 Spirit stealth bomber can carry 2 of these guys....so yeah, the MOP would be used in a first strike against NK nuke program.....but the bomb itself is less newsworthy than the MOAB because it has half the explosive, and let's face it, the MOAB is only newsworthy over JDAMs and the countless other bombs we've dropped against ISIS and al Qaeda and the Taliban and the like because it's simply the biggest one we have.....and because for whatever reason we've kept them in a warehouse for the last decade....if we had used them shortly after development and off and in in theater, we all really wouldn't be talking about the MOAB right now lol)

Why am I having visions of a C5 kicking a few of these out? :)

OK. We build a yuuuuuuuge catapult. The best catapult. The greatest catapult ever...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It'll be a great catap... I mean a wonderful catapult. Nobody builds catapults we like do. Very strong. Wonderful and powerful. I've built a lot of catapults, let me tell you.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
IMG_0314.GIF

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The MOAB and similar devices are great demolition tools, but are less effective for destroying and killing than cluster or small smart munitions.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just pronounced a 59 year old guy. I still hate that scream when you tell a wife that her husband is dead.

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
I just pronounced a 59 year old guy. I still hate that scream when you tell a wife that her husband is dead.

That's my least favorite thing in the world. I can handle the deaths all day any day.. it's the death notifications that really get me. Especially pedis..

dutemplar

Forum Captain

The memory I _hate_ is from years back. We very frequently went for a cute little old lady who frequently got a little idiopathic brady and passed out. I dont remember about pacemaker and all, but she would. The husband would always be concerned but like "just make her better like you always do."

Well, the last time, it wasn't so good. Brady'd out on the portapotty. 4ld, asystole. He's telling us to make her better like we always do, we try to do the "sir, her heart has stopped completely, did you two ever talk about CPR?" Just make her better like you always do...

To the floor, CPR, the other medic is opening the intubation kit while I'm grabbing pads and all.

A very broken voice from the other side of the room "Maybe I shouldn't be here anymore." He died a week after she did.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I still remember having to tell a 50-something year olds wife who rolled over and found her husband dead in his sleep that he'd died.

She knew it, it wasn't easy, but what made it worse was their school age son within earshot as I told her. That's what stuck out the most.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
The ones ive never figured out are the field saves that you know will likely die anyway. It seems no matter how I phrase it the family still gets false hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The ones ive never figured out are the field saves that you know will likely die anyway. It seems no matter how I phrase it the family still gets false hope.
These aren't "field saves", IMO. Enough with the grim war stories from me. A gorgeous Saturday for an 8 mile ground and pound:).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Mmm Houston Mac and cheese fest today
caf7d4baf92b11d84159b786ee3428b4.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
These aren't "field saves", IMO. Enough with the grim war stories from me. A gorgeous Saturday for an 8 mile ground and pound:).
I dont disagree. The term just seems to stick cause everyone uses it. I got 3 or 4 congratulations yesterday. I told them to congratulate me when the patient walked out of the hospital.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I always hate when someone's parent is there. Didn't even work it, but a dude who was probably 30 or so was found by his mom, don't know if the kids were with him or came back with Gramma. Never seems right having to tell that to a parent, no matter the age of their child.

I might have an almost masochistic type love of leg day pain, but screw that 8 mile run business. The last time I did that was a miserable hour of existence.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I might have an almost masochistic type love of leg day pain, but screw that 8 mile run business. The last time I did that was a miserable hour of existence.
That might explain my RHR of 40o_O.

@TransportJockey that looks good! Craft brew too I imagine? Bako actually has one I've heard good things about.

I was pleasantly surprised with how the last batch of mac'n'cheese burgers that the wife and I concocted turned out; sprinkle in some fresh grilled jalapeños, I was a happy man.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That might explain my RHR of 40o_O.

@TransportJockey that looks good! Craft brew too I imagine? Bako actually has one I've heard good things about.

I was pleasantly surprised with how the last batch of mac'n'cheese burgers that the wife and I concocted turned out; sprinkle in some fresh grilled jalapeños, I was a happy man.
I've had beers from five different local breweries plus one from Lagunitas. It's been awesome. Although I'm now very stuffed lol

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@VentMonkey, uh yea, it probably does.
Haha, yeah I'm just being a smartass. When I did my pre-op physical for my back surgery a few years ago the 12-lead they ran read all kinda funkiness that printed out "I don't know what to make of your heart". I was waiting for them to say something, but they didn't, and here I sit...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Haha, yeah I'm just being a smartass. When I did my pre-op physical for my back surgery a few years ago the 12-lead they ran read all kinda funkiness that printed out "I don't know what to make of your heart". I was waiting for them to say something, but they didn't, and here I sit...
Went and made the machine all confused too? Well....clearly it works pretty well if you can tick along at 40bpm and be just fine.

I don't know how available this would be where you are at, but if I had to go crank out 8 miles, I think a nice secluded mountain trail would do the trick.