the 100% directionless thread

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Isn't the point of crossfit to have no limits or some mumbo jumbo like that?
I'm in my late 20's played collegiate sports, and all that jazz. I'm just about in the best shape i have ever been. To me my test of "fitness" is how many "categories" can you complete consecutively. By categories i mean cardio, lifting, practical applications. For somebody like me whos in law enforcement lets say, it's all well and good if i can run 40 miles no weight on my shoulders. If i can't run 1 mile with a vest on that means nothing. I train for things i'll see in the real world. Sometimes you won't have breaks you'll be going for hours on end. All i see anytime that i see crossfit, is some muppet yelling at these people to do more reps, more reps, and their form goes away(not that crossfit form is good to start with anyway) however, they get hurt, or mess their joints up constantly. I don't see a need to be able to bench 600 pounds but not be able to tie my own shoe. Or squat 800 but not be able to bend over and pick something up because my hamstrings are too tight. I do not think that functional fitness is crossfit at all whatsoever. I also hate Jr. crossfit or whatever it is, when these poor parents send there kids off to get their growth stunted. To be honest, most folks don't even need a gym, get a sack fill it with rocks, go running. Push ups, pull ups, squats, and stairs is all one will need imo(adopted from my friends).

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
Isn't the point of crossfit to have no limits or some mumbo jumbo like that?
I'm in my late 20's played collegiate sports, and all that jazz. I'm just about in the best shape i have ever been. To me my test of "fitness" is how many "categories" can you complete consecutively. By categories i mean cardio, lifting, practical applications. For somebody like me whos in law enforcement lets say, it's all well and good if i can run 40 miles no weight on my shoulders. If i can't run 1 mile with a vest on that means nothing. I train for things i'll see in the real world. Sometimes you won't have breaks you'll be going for hours on end. All i see anytime that i see crossfit, is some muppet yelling at these people to do more reps, more reps, and their form goes away(not that crossfit form is good to start with anyway) however, they get hurt, or mess their joints up constantly. I don't see a need to be able to bench 600 pounds but not be able to tie my own shoe. Or squat 800 but not be able to bend over and pick something up because my hamstrings are too tight. I do not think that functional fitness is crossfit at all whatsoever. I also hate Jr. crossfit or whatever it is, when these poor parents send there kids off to get their growth stunted. To be honest, most folks don't even need a gym, get a sack fill it with rocks, go running. Push ups, pull ups, squats, and stairs is all one will need imo(adopted from my friends).

I will leave it by saying you are misinformed (at best) but have complete freedom to believe whatever you choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Just looked on my class calendar for medic school and I get out of class Thursday the 9th and go back Tuesday the 21st. Spring break is the 13th-17th. I get almost 2 weeks off class. I hear a camping, fishing, and mountain biking trip in the next couple weeks!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I just love writing narratives for ETOH patients, like how do you properly describe them that doesn't make it sound like they're a code stroke?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just love writing narratives for ETOH patients, like how do you properly describe them that doesn't make it sound like they're a code stroke?
Or in a way that doesn't make it sounds like you're making fun of them lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Just looked on my class calendar for medic school and I get out of class Thursday the 9th and go back Tuesday the 21st. Spring break is the 13th-17th. I get almost 2 weeks off class. I hear a camping, fishing, and mountain biking trip in the next couple weeks!
I had a ridiculously easy medic school/internship. I went on trips and stuff too. I took my books with me everywhere though.

Often I would study my a** off for a week and then take off the day before a test. I never learned anything the night before a test anyway.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I struggle with the ones where you are trying to describe how the patient is completely fine, without sounding condescending. Extra points if the patient doesn't speak a lick of English and wont even attempt to communicate, even with my broken Spanish.

For example, last night, I had a patient who "was not feeling well" per husband. She has an upset stomach and has had constant diarrhea for 2 days since she started a new medicine.

Then he brought me a bottle of miralax and said "this!"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well f***, that's only a few miles from where I live.....:(

Well in less tragic, more gossipy news, y'all remember my jailbird ex gf who ghosted me out and disappeared after she got out...? Well guess who texted me today.....to say she's pregnant? -_-

Well f***, that's only a few miles from where I live.....:(

Well in less tragic, more gossipy news, y'all remember my jailbird ex gf who ghosted me out and disappeared after she got out...? Well guess who texted me today.....to say she's pregnant? -_-

Hopefully it's not yours!

Nick15

Forum Crew Member
Hopefully she doesn't try to tell you it's yours when it's really not.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Oh how much jersey sucks.. Especially meetings in jersey.

terrible one

Always wandering
dfec1c53feb37408210a8a98e57fd789.jpg

Home gym is shaping up nicely

Awesome! My buddy has a nice set up with a rack, some bumpers, box jump, and rowers. If I had a garage I'd do the same.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I got a new phone. LG V20 and got a LG Sport Smartwatch for 50 bucks. Like both of them so far, just having some issues setting up the AT&T Numbersync

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Big sky brewing co. Trout Slayer... I'll give this one my stamp of approval.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
My response to unecessary bumps of old threads:

flat,220x200,075,t.jpg