the 100% directionless thread

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
4th due on a head on on the freeway to wrap up thanksgiving night with a pair of reds and I get the three yellows that are the kids of the reds.

I hate working on the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Bleh... who knew where I lived would cause so much family drama... Kinda hope I get the NC job at Wake just to distance myself.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Bleh... who knew where I lived would cause so much family drama... Kinda hope I get the NC job at Wake just to distance myself.
I hear ya, I moved 2 hours from my family drama, but you know what I learned? They're still family, and their drama will follow you regardless of how far you are. Hey, that being said I am a little jealous you have apps out to some premier services.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Kern county cult isn't premier :eek:?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
For Cali? The best, hands down. For the rest of the nation??? Sign me up for the single-paramedic QRV car that ALS intercepts, and has an excellent retirement package;).
got it. :p you can join our truck if you want ;)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Sign me up for the single-paramedic QRV car that ALS intercepts, and has an excellent retirement package;).

Were you NSA spying on the discussion that Desertmedic and myself were having in the rig yesterday?

PotatoMedic

OK!!! So emailed Sussex county AGAIN for an application. Maybe this time I will get one.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
A four-man show?? Talk about a sausagefest.
We can split! I can be your EMT, and pester you allllll day lol. But seriously for anybody who cares ACSDEMS is hiring :p

PotatoMedic

how do they pay? :p

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
how do they pay? :p
for medics? not the best, but you work for a municipality which means pension.. and good health..
Around 45-50 for a medic in Albany i think is what it comes out to be per year full time. i only work part time

VentMonkey

Family Guy
We can split! I can be your EMT, and pester you allllll day lol. But seriously for anybody who cares ACSDEMS is hiring :p
Can you post a link to their site in the employment thread, perhaps under "openings"?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Can you post a link to their site in the employment thread, perhaps under "openings"?
i can post a link to the CS test, thats listen as open, and has been for the past few years :D. i'll post them in about 30 mins or so. just ALS? would you be interested in a sup spot of the BLS only rigs?

PotatoMedic

How far does 45-50 get you in that area? Can you live comfortably on that? I don't need much. Just enough to have a roof and food on the table for my wife and I and soon to be kiddo!

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
i live on the outskirts of Albany, technically not even within city limits, but its less than a 10 minute commute. I make 68,500 on paper, and supplementing with about 5 from side gig(EMS) because i work super PRN. It is just my girlfriend and i, We just bought a house less then a year and a half ago. We are living quite good if im honest. Obviously mortgage payments and all that jazz, but its nothing too absurd, we can each have our "us funds". She makes about 45-50 as a chef in albany too. Assuming your getting some kind of help from your wife(after the baby ofc, btw congrats :)!)? you would be more then fine. Health benefits from the state/county in NY are off the chain, especially in Albany(diplomats/bureaucrats need their health coverage so they make it fantastic for us too :p). Albany is BY NO MEANS ANYWHERE NEAR AS EXPENSIVE AS NYC. It's actually like a whole new world up here, 45 mins you can be in Vermont Massachusetts or NH, you can live 30 mins from the city and have a farm, if thats what you like. I really really like it here. I'll be posting some of the employment stuff for where i work my EMS job at in about 30 mins for @VentMonkey, feel free to check it out :p

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
But its New York sooooo....