the 100% directionless thread

"The Man Show". Ziggy! Zaggy! Ziggy! Zaggy! Oy! Oy!! Oy!!!
Ein Prosit. HOY HOY HOY

Thats Bill Foster correct?-- Here i go with useless knowledge again lol

On a happier note my wife future child and I will probably be moving to Texas after the baby is born. Recommendations? She won't be working.

Williamson County. Galveston sounds like they're making some big changes as well, moving away from 24s but they're getting s big 'ol raise so if you aren't set on 24s it's a good option. MCDH is a good service as well. Austin/Travis County is making some positive changes but you'll still have to work as an EMT for a year even with their modified hiring process they're implementing for Paramedics now.

Really depends where you want to live Galveston is on the coast, more humidity. Williamson County is central Texas just north of Austin. Lots of water around, near the hill country, not as much of a city as Galveston/Houston area unless you choose to live in Round Rock or Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's that say about me?!:confused:
your knowledge is unsurmountable :)?? It is rather sad to think that some younger folks won't have the opportunities to see stuff like that. Just good ol' fun guys, never really hurting anybody... Just having fun drinking beer :P

Williamson County is central Texas just north of Austin. Lots of water around, near the hill country, not as much of a city as Galveston/Houston area unless you choose to live in Round Rock or Austin.

Just out of curiosity, how far of a drive is Williamson County from Austin?

If there's any place in Texas I would fit in, it's probably Austin. I just don't see myself ever going back to tech for a few years (or less?) while awaiting for a promotion.

Plus, my understanding is ATCEMS is the busier of the two services.

I don't mind working, but my days of getting ran into the ground in a "dynamic system" are fading as time (and age) goes on.

Just out of curiosity, how far of a drive is Williamson County from Austin?

If there's any place in Texas I would fit in, it's probably Austin. I just don't see myself ever going back to tech for a few years (or less?) while awaiting for a promotion.

Plus, my understanding is ATCEMS is the busier of the two services.

I don't mind working, but my days of getting ran into the ground in a "dynamic system" are fading as time (and age) goes on.

Their new process is a year from the first day of your academy to promoting so you'd work as a basic for 7 or 8 months, most of which would be credentialing (their process with your FTO is very long).

WilCo is literally right next to Austin. There's parts of Austin that are in Williamson County but ACTEMS covers those areas.

From Georgetown, which is basically the center of WilCo, to downtown Austin is ~25-30 minutes traffic dependent. If your in Round Rock, which is south WilCo you can be ins downtown in 15-20 minutes. Basically anywhere in the county is going to be 30 minutes or less to downtown if you're not opposed to using the toll roads, which really aren't very expensive, unless you're way up north then you're looking at 45 minutes to an hour max.

I'm sitting next to Gurby drinking a beer!!!!!
Lucky :(, gurby never drinks beers with me :( lol. Enjoy it :P todays a good day on EMTLIFE i believe!

Fingers crossed that after many schedule conflicts and kind of productive shifts I will have my final medic clinical tomorrow. So ready to be done. :confused:

Fingers crossed that after many schedule conflicts and kind of productive shifts I will have my final medic clinical tomorrow. So ready to be done. :confused:
Lol, good luck man. In the grander scheme of things 10 years, or so from meow you'll laugh at how minute this is;).

But that pay raise though....car accidents ain't cheap. :(
Lol, I just chuckle because I can remember like it was yesterday this was me. Sooo anxious to be done, lol.

I don't blame ya, and 1,000% understand, but now, in hindsight when I think of paramedic school and all of the characters I met, I realize what a blast I had.

Many a fond memories indeed...

Lol, I just chuckle because I can remember like it was yesterday this was me. Sooo anxious to be done, lol.

I don't blame ya, and 1,000% understand, but now, in hindsight when I think of paramedic school and all of the characters I met, I realize what a blast I had.

Many a fond memories indeed...
I love the county my program was through and the medics that taught us, but as far as people I actually work with I am enjoying where I work more. Only a handful of classmates I care to keep in touch with.

Only a handful of classmates I care to keep in touch with.
I only kept in touch with one of my classmates, but we were buds to begin with.

And yes, my sentiment was the same. Many of my classmates weren't my particular cup of tea either, but it was still a ton of fun.

Then again, I was 10 years younger, and a newlywed with no kids.

My class is... well, pretty well scattered all over. Plus a few too many that fell along the way in one (bleep)hole or another. Mostly retired now, I was a young punk then.... as compared to a much older, even more sarcastic and even bigger punk now.

Well, I finally refreshed it enough times for their to be a gold patch next to my name.
Congrats man! If i see you in person, first beer is on me!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back