the 100% directionless thread

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Idk if there are any LEO's on this page but hold the blue line. Remember all Emergency services are a family :). Everybody who's working in the following few days make sure you stay sharp, never leave your back unguarded. #alllivesmatter #bluelivesmatter

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
So I ended up with this instead.

Marauder 800.

image.jpeg

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Some random number from my area calls and goes Them: "Is this *my digits*?" Me: "Uh, yea." Them: *click*

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
Hello guys and gals. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with renewing NREMT through CE in southern ca. Have a great evening. ✌

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I

I saw that they redid the EMT b level again asking for a special class to be taken from my understanding. I missed UCLA last one and cannot find anywhere else that even offers the renewal course.
How recent is your NREMT? If you have already done the transition from NREMT-B to NREMT then all you need is the normal CE hours.

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
How recent is your NREMT? If you have already done the transition from NREMT-B to NREMT then all you need is the normal CE hours.
My Nremt just lapsed passed the 2 year mark. I've been keeping my CA EMT card but since I have to renew this year I wanted to get my national again in case I end up leaving state.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
5 officers in Dallas murdered
RIP

Kinda ironic how the group thats "peaceful" protesting against police shootings ends up shooting 11 cops and killing 5. #BlueLivesMatter
As of when I last checked the news earlier today, it's 13 shot (1 was injured by bullet fragments), 5 dead. The really ironic part of the whole thing is that this was basically a demonstration against two police-involved shootings of black men... and the demonstrators (of whom only one was shot) ran away while the police officers attempted to protect those demonstrators.

What's also interesting is that apparently there were armed persons in the crowd, some may have been openly carrying, yet none of them got shot by the police. In the end, the person that was the "threat" was blown up because he was in a very good defensive position that precluded any sort of "regular" assault. He was effectively a SWAT nightmare.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I think I now know the uncertainty people feel after taking Registry. Just took a pretty tough critical care test for a flight job, and have no idea how I did :confused:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
ALMOST had a true no hitter today. Parked the rig at post and 9 hours later I'm running my first and only call. Not to bad of a day today.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
My Nremt just lapsed passed the 2 year mark. I've been keeping my CA EMT card but since I have to renew this year I wanted to get my national again in case I end up leaving state.
So long as you maintain your state card you should be able to apply for reciprocity in most states. Although the process is easier with a NREMT in some states, others it makes no difference.

I just let my NREMT lapse a few months ago for the first time since I didn't get my refresher done in time. I'll need to retake the exam to get it back -.-

If you're past the 2 year mark, and still have a valid state card, you can get your NREMT just by taking the skills tests and exam. They added a way for people who are currently certified in a state to get their NREMT just by testing in. See their Re-Entry Policy.

From my understanding, aside from initial certification in some states, like CA, the benefit of recerting your NREMT in most cases is just to increase cashflow into Ohio (barring any employment requirements or state requirement to maintain it)