the 100% directionless thread

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
Well i'm officially ticked off. Someone is stealing from people in RockMed, so now we have to figure out to lock our personal bags or figure somewhere to put them. WHY?? We are all volunteer and pay for all of our own personal equipment and uniform items. This is just so not ok. UGH
You get paid nothing and have to pay for your gear? Sounds like the biggest thief here is your company.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
You get paid nothing and have to pay for your gear? Sounds like the biggest thief here is your company.
Well our company provides all the medical equipment, but a lot of us buy our pants, shirts(till we get a company shirt), flashlights, etc. It just ticks me off because it's our personal things that are at the bottom of our bags and someone is going through and going straight to the bottom. Not ok.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Trying to find ideas of where I would want to do a short stint as a seasonal medic during my gap year after college. Something cold and with mountains sounds perfect.

Well our company provides all the medical equipment, but a lot of us buy our pants, shirts(till we get a company shirt), flashlights, etc. It just ticks me off because it's our personal things that are at the bottom of our bags and someone is going through and going straight to the bottom. Not ok.
How about limiting yourself in regards to the personal gear you carry, or carry it on your person?

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
[QUOTE="StCEMT, post: 585867, member:

Guardian is in Flagstaff, Az. Beautiful mountain country. Home to NAU

EMT2015

Forum Captain
How about limiting yourself in regards to the personal gear you carry, or carry it on your person?
I try to for the most part, but most of us are coming from other jobs or going to jobs after volunteering, so it doesn't always happen. The latest theft that happen was at a 3 day music festival so limiting the personal stuff was a little difficult for the people working.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
36 hour shift done. One hour of sleep. With the last 12 hours being back go back calls.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
36 hour shift done. One hour of sleep. With the last 12 hours being back go back calls.

That's just downright dangerous.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Those of you with dogs and working 24's without someone at home -- what are you doing with your pups?
Not having one :(.

Coworkers that do just have a really wire leash setup and a dog house but that seems to make for a dog with a weird temperament.