the 100% directionless thread

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
(I can laugh, or I can panic... I think laughter is better at this point)

Sorry to hear you're being put in tough place... but I think that's a good philosophy right there.

JPINFV

Gadfly
JP, she just said she was adopted lol...

Way to r33d da post.. ;-)

I fail.

On the other side, though, this is why pregnant women who have never been infected with toxoplasmosis shouldn't be around litter boxes or garden if there are outdoor cats in the area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Anyone have Allstate as their car insurance? Know what their discount is for being a Paramedic?

mct601

RN/NRP
Anyone have Allstate as their car insurance? Know what their discount is for being a Paramedic?

Allstate is a terrible company. We have them for home owners insurance and they gave us the run-around after Katrina. A few body shop owners I know told me their auto insurance was the same way. But I wouldn't think it's very much.

Edit: nvm, ~20% is pretty solid

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
went for a interview today. Hoping I get the job. B)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I pay $2500 a year for insurance... kinda stupid if you ask me, as it's only because I'm a 21yo male. Most companies obviously don't care that I'm in charge of peoples lives or drive L&S at my job or anything.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I pay $2500 a year for insurance... kinda stupid if you ask me, as it's only because I'm a 21yo male. Most companies obviously don't care that I'm in charge of peoples lives or drive L&S at my job or anything.
If you have CEVO3, I'm told they give a discount for that... Although Allstate is supposed to offer an EMS discount

mct601

RN/NRP
My G8 alone was $325 a month under Progressive

Now we pay $330 for a Jeep, G8, and Escalade under State Farm.

SF also got my car 100% repaired last year when I went through this terrible hail storm. No questions asked. Progressive were :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s just dealing with a bump and scratch from being backed in to

edit: typed allstate but I meant progressive

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Attention patients: Don't deny having high blood pressure, then tell me you have hypertension.

JPINFV

Gadfly

7176nelson-haha.gif

I pay around $840/year (~$70/month) right now for full coverage. It'll be fun when my insurance drops further in June when I turn 25.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Did a standby for a LE raid today. It was neat. We were dispatched by personal phone and told to not communicate with anyone via radio regarding our response, staging, etc. We were staged about 2 blocks away. After it was all over, dispatch called us on the radio and told us we could stand down. They raided two homes a few doors apart and there must have been 20 cops involved. City cops, county deputies, the county narc squad and even several state troopers. Quite the ordeal to catch 3 people.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I don't get it. How can you complain of 8/10 sharp stabbing abd pain that's "unbearable" and sit there relatively calmly, but scream bloody mary when I poke you with a 22g needle?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Because they're FOS.

And does anyone wanna come to Denver and either shoot me or hit me with a dose of Phenergan?

Sasha

Forum Chief
I don't get it. How can you complain of 8/10 sharp stabbing abd pain that's "unbearable" and sit there relatively calmly, but scream bloody mary when I poke you with a 22g needle?

Some people have a needle phobia. Maybe you hit a tendon. There are a ton of reasons for people to have anxiety/pain over an IV. What is not acceptable is when you, as a fresh brand new medic, start questioning people's pain. It's not your job to call fake. They could very well be in pain, you have no way of honestly 100% proving that they are not in pain. Your job is to treat the patient, which includes adequately managing pain, real or not.