Terriost Targeting First Responders

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
E

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, because there were people walking down the street waving rifles in the air and nobody noticed or cared. Damn those complacent frenchmen, huh? :rolleyes:

That is absolutely pathetic and disgusting that you think that and are so uninformed.
I am making a point that terriost can strike anywhere anytime if they have enough dedication. I ensure you im not uninformed. I never said no one cared so dont take it out of context.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Posting links to conspiracy sites isn't helping your case...

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
I am making a point that terriost can strike anywhere anytime if they have enough dedication. I ensure you im not uninformed. I never said no one cared so dont take it out of context.
You are grandstanding, uninformed, and nothing was taken out of context.

To act this way during an ongoing incident and in the immediate aftermath is disgusting.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief

Yeah and an asteroid can fall on you at anytime to if circumstances are right. Do you walk around acting like an idiot about asteroids? You're talking about crap that everyone knows. Most of us just have the common sense to go about or lives. You're trying to make America sound like a war zone. It's pathetic.

So you do you. Look out for that trash can that was left out by mistake a day late. Could be a threat. Call bomb squad. Look out for that car that is lowered to the ground due to bad suspension. Oh wait, could be a bomb. Call bomb squad. You will quickly be the polices favorite person and they will make you chief.

And with that. I will not be logging onto this site anymore. People joining this thing get more ridiculous everyday. Have a good one, to the normal people around here!

Last edited:

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
:rolleyes:

Definitely not helping.... Is this about raising first responder situational awareness, or is this about bashing Islam?

While I am times, have listened to the Alex Jones show, you must take everything he reports with a grain of salt.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
People joining this thing get more ridiculous everyday.

Lol.. The problem is we are not allowed to "police our own" without getting banned or moderated. A little public shaming and helping someone realize how stupid they are is no longer viewed as healthy lesson learned, it is viewed as "bullying." Snowflakes, beta males, social justice warriors, et al. are winning in our society in all fronts.

I happen to agree that we need providers with raised situational awareness and how to deal with attacks of all sorts ("dumb cards" not withstanding).
I also agree that the US EMS system is not akin to Iraq... Not every one is out to kill us, and not every misplaced trash can is a threat.

However, the threat is real, and it only appears that we are heading toward a time when hyper-vigilance may be necessary; today, not so much yet.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
but having spent time all over the world I can assure complacency gets everyone eventually

Now, now Sandpit...be sure you know who you are talking to. This guy has been all over the world and seen quite a bit.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
All over!

My bad. :rolleyes:

Maybe he just has some misplaced anger?

Last edited:

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Lol.. The problem is we are not allowed to "police our own" without getting banned or moderated. A little public shaming and helping someone realize how stupid they are is no longer viewed as healthy lesson learned, it is viewed as "bullying." Snowflakes, beta males, social justice warriors, et al. are winning in our society in all fronts.

I happen to agree that we need providers with raised situational awareness and how to deal with attacks of all sorts ("dumb cards" not withstanding).
I also agree that the US EMS system is not akin to Iraq... Not every one is out to kill us, and not every misplaced trash can is a threat.

However, the threat is real, and it only appears that we are heading toward a time when hyper-vigilance may be necessary; today, not so much yet.
Meh...it's gotten better. There's been several comments I've made recently that, awhile ago, would have certainly got me banned and the posts deleted. (having said that, watch me get booted ;)) Whether or not this is intentional or just that the mods don't give a ****, it's a far better way to run things than what was done before.

If you look at the recent crop of...special people...who made some...special posts...before they got banned the response was relatively vocal in calling them out, and in some cases, shutting them down. While I do still walk on some eggshells so to speak, I'm far less concerned about having to treat everyone like a special little flower like had to be done in the past.

SJW's have all but won in America. Idiocracy and 1984 were scarily prescient in hindsight.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

We are more than willing to let people who stay stupid things feel the wrath of the collective community, which is exactly what is happening right now. But you an do it in a way without vulgar language or making defaming personal attacks, which again, is what is happening here. The rules here are very clear. We enforce them evenly. Being a longstanding member does not give anyone the ability to flout them. If you personally attack another member, you will be disciplined, period. So just don't do that. It's not hard to have productive decision where you lay into someone's content and not character.

That said, I find the OPs initial post to be outrageous. Of all the times to remind people that terrorism exists, I don't need to be told when there is an active attack occurring in a developed western country. And truly, there is not a lot that will change here. I pay attention when I'm at work, and when things are out of place we notice them. Not because we're on the lookout for terrorists, but because we spend so much time in our local environments.

Every crime scene has the potential for secondary attacks on first responders. But frankly, the specter of global terrorism is just not that high on my priority list. There are dozens of things much more likely to kill me at work that I need to pay attention to.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
No disgusting is the cold blooded murder of innocents by the Islamic wackos.
Do you think that most Muslims support their actions? Are you really so foolish as to conflate the actions of a few psychopaths with an entire religion. If so, I invite you to take your bigotry elsewhere.

OP
OP
E

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
Do you think that most Muslims support their actions? Are you really so foolish as to conflate the actions of a few psychopaths with an entire religion. If so, I invite you to take your bigotry elsewhere.
No I never condemed all of Islam just the wackos.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Do you really want to open up this can of worms and make this about the Islamic religion? Because if you do, I'll play...but I don't think you want to have that kind of conversation here. Just sayin'...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Do you really want to open up this can of worms and make this about the Islamic religion? Because if you do, I'll play...but I don't think you want to have that kind of conversation here. Just sayin'...
I don't wish to make this about any religion, that's the entire point. At the end of the day, acts of terrorism are committed by individuals often motivated by a greater cause. What cause that is makes little difference to me, it does not change the outcome. But many choose to blame religion for terrorism, and I don't find that to be appropriate.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't wish to make this about any religion, that's the entire point. At the end of the day, acts of terrorism are committed by individuals often motivated by a greater cause. What cause that is makes little difference to me, it does not change the outcome. But many choose to blame religion for terrorism, and I don't find that to be appropriate.
I'm...yeah. That's disturbing, but I'm going to bow out of this one for now.

squirrel15

Forum Captain
I think this thread took a turn for the worst. How I took this was, it was a well intentioned post to give everyone that needed it, a swift kick in the rear. A "hey, don't forget to keep your eyes open". You can say your scene safety is golden, that your perfect and always see anything dangerous. But in reality, we all know that's not true, everybody gets complacent after a while, and doesn't always pay attention to everything. And while it seems like during an attack is when everyone would remember oh yeah that could happen, sometimes it needs pointed out blatantly.

So let's stop trying to read into a post that could've just been that swift kick, and all remember to stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.