Tennessee EMT patch (what's on it)?

Trauma Cop

Forum Probie
Hello, I've recently got a license in the state of Tennessee and I'm sitting here looking at this patch wondering what in the world is on it. Anybody tell me what the logo in the center is?
IMG_20201219_093123_074.jpg

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Here is a thread from 2010 which has some interesting information about the original intent of the patch...however I cannot find anything about what those symbols are. I have googled, I have gone to TN EMS website...nada!

OP
OP
Trauma Cop

Trauma Cop

Forum Probie
Here is a thread from 2010 which has some interesting information about the original intent of the patch...however I cannot find anything about what those symbols are. I have googled, I have gone to TN EMS website...nada!

Same here. Somebody has to know.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not sure, but I think the logo has something to do with Tennessee's outdoors: forests (the tree in the center), mountains (upper left), and wildlife (a bird in the upper right). Or the bird could be a waterway. I forget.

OP
OP
Trauma Cop

Trauma Cop

Forum Probie
I was advised by a gentleman who was an EMT in Tennessee years ago, that the logo actually spells out EMT. I'm like you, I see a tree in the center lol.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Moved to appropriate forum