Taking the nremt-b test today

mikal34chez

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone. I just finished my emt class over summer, passed my final with a 82% and ended up passing the class with an overall A. I think I got this test in the bag and have been studying but id like to know if theres a section on the test that is hit really hard on that I may need to look over some more?

Mariemt

Forum Captain
I finished my class with a 96. My final with a 94 but I still found the test to be hard. Remember it is adaptive. It is going to be hard for you because the computer is going to make it hard.

OP
OP
M

mikal34chez

Forum Ride Along
I also heard that the harder the questions are the more likely you will pass. And you can still get "easy" questions and still pass? I think I studied enough for it, infact I think too much but ill let you know on how I did.

J B

Forum Lieutenant
I finished my class with a 96. My final with a 94 but I still found the test to be hard. Remember it is adaptive. It is going to be hard for you because the computer is going to make it hard.

+1. Keep calm and take your time. Don't get flustered if you feel like you're getting half the questions wrong - that doesn't mean you won't pass.

Review ob/gyn as that stuff is easy to forget (what pulse rate is normal for newborn? When should you initiate CPR on newborn? Is compression/breath ratio different? Depth of compressions? What are different pregnancy complications / presentations of the baby? Know signs and symptoms of pre/eclampsia).

If "scene safety" is a choice, it's probably correct. Same goes for "oxygen".

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

mikal34chez

Forum Ride Along
Well just got done and home from taking it. The computer stopped me at 70 so either I did really good and passed or the computer thinks I need to go back to school lol.

Mariemt

Forum Captain
I was done at 70 also.
I passed but another guy that took the test failed at 70.
Don't go by that.

OP
OP
M

mikal34chez

Forum Ride Along
Yeah I figured I didnt pass because I could have swore I got a lot of them wrong but I guess ill find out sooner or later.

Mariemt

Forum Captain
It can be tricky. Many go in confident to find a holy crap moment.
Now you know what to expect. You can do it!

OP
OP
M

mikal34chez

Forum Ride Along
Thats exactly how I was I went in really confident and then after the first question I was like holy *beep* my brain took a dump on me but now I have the parts I didnt do good on so time to study the nezt 2 weeks!