Summer Jobs

jpregulman

Forum Crew Member
I am already looking towards next summer. I am a college student and looking to do something that I cant do when im older, but still work as an EMT. Who hires EMT's? I was thinking like cruise ships, Disney Land... Places like that. Anyone know of places or companies like that who hire EMTs for the summer? Thanks!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just EMT-B? Any experience or extra certs?

OP
OP
J

jpregulman

Forum Crew Member
AHA BLS CPR instructor
Currently working as primary on BLS ambulance
I could get IV and EKG

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ah you're in Colorado i take it? I knoe Elich gardens (or however you spell it) hires EMTs... havent worked in Colorado in a few years so I'm not sure who all hires for summer

NJEMT95

Forum Lieutenant
Amusement parks, stadiums, and summer camps sometimes hire EMTs. Also check with state parks.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I'm hiring in the summer, I do landscaping and mowing, you'd be operating a trimmer and blower and mower. I'm in Detroit so a 2500 mile commute, you should be able to break even on expenses!

WestMetroMedic

Forum Lieutenant
The 4 summers and 6 winters i spent working at camp was far and away, the best job i ever had... Can't do camp once you have to get a grown up job.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It is more than possible to be a college student working for an ambulance company 2000 miles away from where one goes to college... I work summer vacation and winter break with no problems, in fact my bosses love it since they get someone to fill fulltimer's vacation openings.