Suggestions for NREMT-B???

nickweissert

Forum Ride Along
Okay so i took my test for the second time about 5 days ago and it says i failed again....i have been cut off somewhere between 70 and 80 questions both times...i have reviewed and study almost everything there is does anyone think that the computer might have misgraded by chance??? any advice or help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
Ask your instructors. They are the ones who know what you were taught and how you were taught. And they should also know what kind of learner you are and what your personal deficiencies are. If they don't, then they suck, and that would explain why you are in the predicament you are in.

Your school has a vested interest in your success. Your failure is their failure. Give them a chance to help you out.

medic417

The Truth Provider
For it to stop on so few questions and you fail you must be missing almost all of them. Are you rushing and not making sure you are clicking the answer you want? What kind of scores did you get in class? While it would be unlikely a comp glitch if it happened once maybe but not twice. Either you are having trouble with testing or you do not grasp the material as well as you think.

OP
OP
N

nickweissert

Forum Ride Along
moving to fast maybe be it my instructor told me that yet n class i had no problem i was one of the first to recieve my certificate....three of my buddies have taken it and passed and one of them were cut off at 60 and the other at 76

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
A word of advice my instructor gave us was to always go back to the practical sheets when thinking about a question. If you follow the order that's on the trauma or medical sheet you can't go wrong. Try getting a review book. The information is condensed and it only has what you need to know. It eliminates the other info so you don't focus on the wrong things. Take practice tests and see what you are getting wrong.

Also another thing I have noticed is that NREMT has some kind of strange answers. Like mouth to mask is favored over BVM. Knowing little things like that helps.

EmtFinch

Forum Ride Along
My instructor told me that there are a lot of workbooks out there to help you prepare for the NREMT. I cant give ya exact ones cause of the rules on here but just look up ones that are NREMT based. Go through them and the ones you miss look and see what the questions about and go back to you study book and review the subject.