Stethoscope????

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
I bought mine for $15 from the campus book store and I can take BP and hear lung sounds just fine!

Well if you get a Littman you will tell a big difference. Definitely don't get one with dual lumen as it will rub together and will interfere with the sounds you need to hear. Whatever brand get a single lumen with a bell and diaphragm.

HelpNotHarm

Forum Ride Along
Below is the link to a detailed review, testing the following stethoscopes:

Littmann Cardiology III, Omron Sprague Rappaport, Littmann Master Classic II, Littmann Cardiology I, Littmann Classic II SE, Welch Allyn Harvey Tycos Elite, Prestige Sprague Rappaport, ADC Cardiology model 615, Single Head Nursing stethoscope, ADC dual head model 603, Allheart cardiology, and DRG Puretone Traditional PT3

http://www.forusdocs.com/reviews/Acoustic_Stethoscope_Review.htm

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
Again, it is NOT what you put in your ears rather what is between your ears that really counts.

R/r 911

Rid are saying that we have to use our brains? What a novel idea.
In a serious note, just go with a good scope that works for you. Try to use different ones if possible to find what works for you.

Tal

Forum Crew Member
I'm a Paramedic student too, and i use the Littman's Master Classics II and it is a great model, all of my course have one (we all order it together).
it pretty expensive tough (400 N.I.S= almost 100$) but for now it's worth it.

sojourner

Forum Probie
ADC is great

When I looked, everyone said Littman cuz, the doctor gives you a smile when you are driving the Rolls of scopes. However when I tested ADC, I heard better sounds, clearer. So I gained confidence that at least the ADC product quality was good. Then I went and got their new digital BP cuff. I was tired of getting on a rig that had varying readings or someone didn't swap out the bad cuff. Price was great and product super.... of course I drove a VW and had a BMW bike before people thought they were good to have in their carport. :)

MasterIntubator

Forum Captain
.......just go with a good scope that works for you. Try to use different ones if possible to find what works for you.

Well said. I can't contribute much more than what was said, other than I own about 30 stethoscopes of all walks, and the one I still use regularly is a 1980's sprague cardiology scope which cost about $30. Has the same sprague binaurels and head, just the tubing has been fused into a single lumen... for some reason the accoustics work far better than any other for me. Other than that.... anyone that has ear tips and a diaphragm will do. My littmans have not given me any great accoustical wonder.. although they have beautiful tubing... all supple and stuff.

The stethodop is fun to play with.

My most favorite preferred is a transesophageal scope. Limited use in prehospital, though.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I have a master classic II. relatively cheap, i bought it on ebay, and it works fine for street 911 use

timmy84

Forum Crew Member
I personally like a scope that has binaurals that curve anatomically into my ears. Most of the companies out there seem to do this now, but the straight kind works just as well, I suppose I like the comfort factor. I use the Adscope 609 (cost 17 bucks), and a Littmann Master Classic (given to me by a nurse who got a better one). The soft tips also help out comfort wise too. I have also used my mom's scopes (Littmann Cardiology II, and Master Cardiology), and they work great, especially since she is a pulmonology PA and needs to hear all sorts of things I don't (and she is older, or should I say is more experienced, lol). Also the Adscope is really light, which i personally like. So my vote is for the cheap scope with anatomically curved binaurals and soft tips. Allheart has the ADC 609 for 16.98.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief