SoCal AMR Medics

wtferick

Forum Captain
Finish Nursing. If you really want Medic Pay, apply as an EMT at any Hospital lol.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
With our recent settlement, we are actually making pretty decent money. Much more than AMR but not quite at the level of some city based fire departments. But our benefits will never compare.

You gunna get one of those $100,000 backpay checks I just read about??

I am not doing a 30 year career as a firefighter/paramedic only to work after retirement.

I pay very little to nothing for medical insurance when I'm retired.
I hope that stays for you brother, I really do. I work in a strong union state with a well funded pension system that is untouchable by politicians. When I started 20 years ago, it was lifetime free insurance.. Then, starting about 7 years ago, this has been whittled down immensely. Our retirees are currently paying around $900/month for coverage for them and their spouse, oh and there was no grandfathering of current retirees when it comes to insurance costs..

I already had aspirations of moving on in medicine (as I've espoused here before), but the changes to retiree benefits let me know I'd need to work somewhere with benefits (even if just part time) until I hit medicare age.. I sure as hell am not working FD until 65 years old, so I found something I could do and am working towards it..

To the OP, I'd put my eggs in the RN basket.. If you're really wanting to do out of hospital stuff, work a few years in hospital and then go work as a critical care RN with a transport (ground or air) to get your fill..

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You gunna get one of those $100,000 backpay checks I just read about??

I hope that stays for you brother, I really do. I work in a strong union state with a well funded pension system that is untouchable by politicians. When I started 20 years ago, it was lifetime free insurance.. Then, starting about 7 years ago, this has been whittled down immensely. Our retirees are currently paying around $900/month for coverage for them and their spouse, oh and there was no grandfathering of current retirees when it comes to insurance costs..

I already had aspirations of moving on in medicine (as I've espoused here before), but the changes to retiree benefits let me know I'd need to work somewhere with benefits (even if just part time) until I hit medicare age.. I sure as hell am not working FD until 65 years old, so I found something I could do and am working towards it..

To the OP, I'd put my eggs in the RN basket.. If you're really wanting to do out of hospital stuff, work a few years in hospital and then go work as a critical care RN with a transport (ground or air) to get your fill..
I am getting a very decent amount for the 2 years I have been with them. I’ve talked to a couple of people who are getting $800,000+

Virgil

Forum Crew Member
I’m an EMT for AMR Riv, I make above $18 and I’ve only been here for >3 years.

Personally I like jumping around and picking up shifts in different areas, MoVal can be fun. Management and dispatch can really get your burnt out, but I just learned to live with it.

i know everyone says grass is greener and all that, but Im looking to move soon. Hopefully PNW.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
I’m an EMT for AMR Riv, I make above $18 and I’ve only been here for >3 years.

Personally I like jumping around and picking up shifts in different areas, MoVal can be fun. Management and dispatch can really get your burnt out, but I just learned to live with it.

i know everyone says grass is greener and all that, but Im looking to move soon. Hopefully PNW.

MoVal = Fun? We have different definitions of fun.