SoCal 911 contracts

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Nothing worst than 65's.
I always preferred running into Newport or Huntington Beach instead of Westminster. Those were some fun days..

It’s gotta be a purely personal experience, because ea time we ran with the 65’s, they were nothing special to deal with. There are particular rotations who have difficult people but, again, that’s how it is everywhere. Newport and HB are a rare occurrence these days, mostly on mutual aid runs. Both have departmental ETs and don’t work with CARE too often. Friendly guys though.

wtferick

Forum Captain
It’s gotta be a purely personal experience, because ea time we ran with the 65’s, they were nothing special to deal with. There are particular rotations who have difficult people but, again, that’s how it is everywhere. Newport and HB are a rare occurrence these days, mostly on mutual aid runs. Both have departmental ETs and don’t work with CARE too often. Friendly guys though.
Years ago when Shoreline had Westminster. We would get calls into the beach cities on a daily. Especially during the Summer time.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Years ago when Shoreline had Westminster...
I think those were the “years” when Shoreline was still owned by the same ex-AMR ops manager who (seemingly single-handedly) put both Cerritos, and Garden Grove into the dirt with his shenanigans, only to turn around and start up Shoreline with some of the old Cerritos ops’ ambulance’s paint scheme still visible beneath the Shoreline logos.

He was an ops manager like no other, and one who will forever live in infamy to those who’ve been around long enough in SoCal; he didn’t seem to much care for 911 contracts either. The then Riverside AMR ops manager was his old partner, and was also rather “fond” of the guy.

...tis’ was a gloooorious time in SoCal.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
I think those were the “years” when Shoreline was still owned by the same ex-AMR ops manager who (seemingly single-handedly) put both Cerritos, and Garden Grove into the dirt with his shenanigans, only to turn around and start up Shoreline with some of the old Cerritos ops’ ambulance’s paint scheme still visible beneath the Shoreline logos.

He was an ops manager like no other, and one who will forever live in infamy to those who’ve been around long enough in SoCal; he didn’t seem to much care for 911 contracts either. The then Riverside AMR ops manager was his old partner, and was also rather “fond” of the guy.

...tis’ was a gloooorious time in SoCal.

Oh Gio, what a toolbag. Didn't he sell his own company the ambulances while still employed at AMR?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Didn't he sell his own company the ambulances while still employed at AMR?
I’m not exactly sure what all he did. There were all sorts of rumors, and a lot of here say at that time. He was literally there one day, and replaced by an interim ops manager the next; one of our former fleet mechanics of all people.

I do remember his luncheons he’d put together at the CoCo’s on South St. with the Cerritos crews before we closed up shop. It almost always ended in nowhere with his collective “team” sitting next to him. It was interesting to say the least.

My own personal opinion was that AMR deliberately hired him back to abolish Cerritos, but who really knows? It was just awfully coincidental (IMO) how once that EOA was gone so was the ops manager. Oh, SoCal hi jinx, how I do not miss thee...

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
My own personal opinion was that AMR deliberately hired him back to abolish Cerritos, but who really knows? It was just awfully coincidental (IMO) how once that EOA was gone so was the ops manager. Oh, SoCal hi jinx, how I do not miss thee...

There’s one of these in every company. They’re usually tossed in between divisions because the longer they stay, the lower the morale plunges. But every management needs a safety cushion, and them being there is sort of like that old Hindi tale of a wise man and a goat.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh Gio, what a toolbag. Didn't he sell his own company the ambulances while still employed at AMR?
That's one of the rumors. They say he drove them out of country had them re branded and brought back. The other was he sold off a few to other local companies.

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
So few.. but the cities are very slow
I depends on what you consider slow. We're certainly not Care or McCormick but our crews don't just sit around. We received just shy of 10,000 9-1-1 requests last year, an average of over 27 a day.