SOAS EMS - Ardmore, OK hiring paramedics; $5K sign on, $2k relocation.

OKparamurse

Murse 'n medic
Job Description

We have openings for 3 Full Time Paramedics.

As of January 14, 2019, we are offering the following incentives:

$5,000.00 Sign on Bonus

$2,000.00 Relocation Assistance (If the candidate moves into the service area)

This position is a 24 on, 48 off rotating shift. Overtime is paid for all hours exceeding 40 per week. Additional pay incentives are available for years of experience and Critical Care Certifications.

Full time benefits include:

Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Ins paid in full
Matching IRA after 1 year
Uniforms and boots supplied
Cell Phone reimbursement
Generous leave pay program

Requirements

• Applicants MUST be Paramedic certified and must be able to obtain an Oklahoma EMS license.
  • Applicants must have a clean driving record and no criminal history and must be able to obtain an Oklahoma Driver’s License.
  • Our candidate testing includes a skills exam, physical fitness test and written exam.
  • Preferred candidates will have current CPR, ACLS and PALS certifications.
  • We prefer candidates who are willing to relocate to the service area although it is not a mandatory requirement for employment.
Additional pay incentives are paid for special events and other special situations.

Request an application by emailing jowens@soas.net or by calling 580-223-1226

Salary: $55,000.00 to $62,000.00 /year

About us:

We are a private, not-for-profit ALS 911 service that provides interfacility transport for the 2 hospitals within our coverage area. We run approximately 9000 calls per year, with 75% being emergency 911 calls and the remaining 25% being interfacility transfers. Southern Oklahoma Ambulance Service has been operating since 1962 and is the oldest private, not-for-profit EMS service in the state of Oklahoma. We service the city of Ardmore as well as Carter County. Ardmore is a city of approximately 30,000 people located almost directly between Dallas, TX and Oklahoma City, making Ardmore a convenient location for those seeking a smaller town life with larger city attractions just an hour away.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Looking at the website showed some info, but not much. How many ambulances do you have on shift? do you have stations, share stations with the FD, or do you practice SSM? Do you provide and pay for employee continuing education? what is your generous leave pay program? What special events do you staff, and are they OT or do you utilize on duty crews?

While I am not looking, I have passed along the info to one of my Oklahoma friends

OP
OP
OKparamurse

OKparamurse

Murse 'n medic
Looking at the website showed some info, but not much. How many ambulances do you have on shift? do you have stations, share stations with the FD, or do you practice SSM? Do you provide and pay for employee continuing education? what is your generous leave pay program? What special events do you staff, and are they OT or do you utilize on duty crews?

While I am not looking, I have passed along the info to one of my Oklahoma friends

Yes, I apologize for the site, it's quite a bit outdated. There's a Facebook page that's maintained much better than the actual website. But to answer your questions: We run 5 ambulances on shift per day. 4 located at our main station and one located at our substation on the more rural side of the county. We're station-based, 24 on, 48 off. We are the sole medical command on scene in our coverage area. We have one paid fire department that is licensed at a BLS level with no transport capabilities (a handful of AEMTs, no paramedics) and the rest of the fire departments are mostly volunteer EMRs. The plus and/or down side of that being that on any given call, you'll almost always be the highest level of care. We do utilize HEMS relatively frequently due to distance from level 1 and level 2 trauma centers. We do provide CE's in-house with monthly training over various topics, all paid. We accrue PTO at 8hrs per 2 week pay period. So within 6 weeks, a new hire has 24 hours of vacation to use which would yield 5 days off on our 24/48 schedule. Special events include all of our area's HS football games, athletic events including marathons and local MMA. We also provide occasional coverage for dirt track and monster truck races. This is paid at your hourly rate (or overtime if over 40 hours) with a $60 additional bonus for special event coverage.

OP
OP
OKparamurse

OKparamurse

Murse 'n medic
Other things off of the top of my head worth mentioning: Our medical director is a former paramedic at our service. He works in the ER at a Level 2 trauma center in OKC and is frequently involved in our monthly CE classes. He's extremely approachable and is quite open to protocol deviation if a medic can justify their actions. That being said, although we do operate off of protocols, not guidelines, we are allowed a fairly flexible degree of autonomy when it comes to patient care. It is by no means a "cook-book" system where minor, explained deviations are dinged in QA/QI.