So what's been going on?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Over the past few weeks I realize I've really been slacking when it comes to contributing to the site. Things have been amazingly busy for me.

First I had two web design projects that I've been working to complete prior to the start of school. My effort didn't exactly pay off as planned, and both are behind schedule.

Second, our server has been having significant problems. It seems as though the pages are loading extremely slow. Is that also the case with anyone else? If so, I think it may be in our best interest to find another solution.

The server had multiple server crashes, leaving me up for two nights straight. Since then it just hasn't been the same. Despite the my best efforts, and the efforts of highly-trained tech support staff, they just can't seem to bring down the server load. I'm still working on it.

I also moved into a new apartment at school, about an hour and a half drive from my home. Besides the sleepless nights of packing, and endless trips, things just haven't worked out as planned. Finally I've moved the final load, minus my missing single pair of EMS pants. I sure hope I dont get called into work soon.

It's not all bad though, moving back to college brings with it the usual celebrations. ;) And that's where I sit now, with my first day of classes tomorrow.

I assure you I wont let the site die, and I truly appreciate everyone's contributions over the past few weeks.

Take care, and have a great week!

Alpha752

Forum Crew Member
I have been insanly busy recently. I started Medic school, and along with that, I have to take an A&P course because its a state prereq (or coreq). I have to work full time to pay bills. On top of that, my Mom had bilateral knee replacements on June 30th, and I have been taking her to PT twice a week. So my day starts at 0800 with school, or mom, I work 1500-2300. So most days I dont get home till 2330.

Wish there were 36 hour days.

Russ

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Alpha752@Aug 30 2004, 04:35 PM

Russ
That would mean that you would have more time for work each day, right? :D

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Well, I've been working 12 hour days the past week or so finishing up a project for the paying job. Got the last of it in FedEx, and then did some hard labor around the yard this past weekend. Ran 5 out of 6 calls on Friday (only one I missed was the full arrest at 6 AM) and pulled some ceilings at our Friday night drill.

On-duty the next three nights (with the ambulance for two of them), but at least I have a 4-day weekend in Mammoth to look forward to. :D

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by ffemt8978+Aug 30 2004, 08:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ffemt8978 @ Aug 30 2004, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alpha752@Aug 30 2004, 04:35 PM

Russ
That would mean that you would have more time for work each day, right? :D [/b][/quote]
My company time and expense program requires that you input your time in a calendar format. You put in which job you worked on, and how many hours you worked on that job for each day. If you type in 100 hours in one day, you get an error message, which reads: "Hours on each day must be less than or equal to 30".

How can I work 30 hours in one day???