So it's been two weeks since the AMR interview..

jh0n001flip

Forum Crew Member
and they still haven't contacted me for a second one. I gave them a call and it went directly to a voice mail and now I feel like I should just go there and tell them about it. what do y'all think??..I mean they haven't mail anything to me yet..I'm just curious..I just want to know if they still want me or not cuz i want to move on and apply to other ambulance company. what do y'all think I should do..should i raise the white flag and move on or wait and anticipate what happens?? thank you I appreciate it...:)

Juarez

Forum Crew Member
in my opinion I know that I would at least follow up with an email, if thats where you want to work why not put the effort. I know that Im going to do everything possible to work for AMR!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
and they still haven't contacted me for a second one. I gave them a call and it went directly to a voice mail and now I feel like I should just go there and tell them about it. what do y'all think??..I mean they haven't mail anything to me yet..I'm just curious..I just want to know if they still want me or not cuz i want to move on and apply to other ambulance company. what do y'all think I should do..should i raise the white flag and move on or wait and anticipate what happens?? thank you I appreciate it...:)

As long as your respectful about it I don't see anything wrong with knocking on a door. They might even like the fact that you're following up on it. Shows you have moxie' (always wanted to use that word in a sentence). Make sure and dress as nice as you dressed for the interview.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Do both. Call and go down there and ask. But also start applying at other places. If you are having AMR as your only option and they don't hire you then you just made it hard on yourself. There is no harm with putting in other applications. Keep your options open. My AMR application was the first one I put in. But in total I put in 13 applications. And now I am working for AMR and for an Event Medical company.

YCALR

Forum Crew Member
I completely agree with firefite, I applied to 8 different places in the surrounding area and now I have been offered a position with AMR and also a second job with another company. There is absolutely no harm.in applying to various locations. Nevertheless, follow-up with the company you're interested in. Best of luck to you!

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
Amr

yeah dont get discouraged. it takes forever with amr. ive literally waited over a year and a half. but id say to go down and talk, and email. i talked to a lead supervisor at riverside amr and they said they are NOT hiring, and the only way you can get in is if you get a really good recommendation. it sucks, but its the way it is. jjust keep with it, and if your going toward fire, just get ready for more let downs cause its even harder. just keep with it man, it will happen for u.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
yeah dont get discouraged. it takes forever with amr. ive literally waited over a year and a half. but id say to go down and talk, and email. i talked to a lead supervisor at riverside amr and they said they are NOT hiring, and the only way you can get in is if you get a really good recommendation. it sucks, but its the way it is. jjust keep with it, and if your going toward fire, just get ready for more let downs cause its even harder. just keep with it man, it will happen for u.

Riverside AMR is hiring. I know 2 people who just got hired(1 already started work and the other starts orientation on the 25th) and i talked to a FTO who said they are hiring like crazy right now. Talking to the divisions is not going to help for getting your application looked at (I have been told that by many higher ups in AMR). Go down to the main headquarters for your area and talk to the human resource down there. That will help you out the most because they are the only ones with your information.

cherpy66

Forum Crew Member
Riverside AMR is hiring. I know 2 people who just got hired(1 already started work and the other starts orientation on the 25th) and i talked to a FTO who said they are hiring like crazy right now. Talking to the divisions is not going to help for getting your application looked at (I have been told that by many higher ups in AMR). Go down to the main headquarters for your area and talk to the human resource down there. That will help you out the most because they are the only ones with your information.

yes i just was hired in riverside. But jim price told everyone in his orientation interview that AMR is not hiring, but they are picking people up who have recommendations. my orientation is set for the 11nth.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
OP, did you follow up from the initial interview with a thank you note or call? It's generally customary to follow up immediately after an interview, especially if it's the first.