So I got what I ordered for my uniform for my EMT-B Clinicals...

CARRERA

Forum Probie
Maybe its an allergic reaction to the chemicals used in making it or shipping it?
:p That's why I washed my uniforms as soon and I got them home. ;)

Anyway, I know what the OP is talking about. For me, it wasn't so much the uniform but when I went on my ride-along, it just felt like I knew I was doing what is best for me and I knew I'd be happy working in EMS.

I think putting on the uniform can be somewhat rewarding for some people. It doesn't take a genius to become an EMT but it's not exactly easy either. Maybe putting on your uniform is a reminder of the work and effort you put in in order to get the job. I think that some people have a special talent for EMS and some do not, kind of how some people are good at cooking and some are not. ;)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's not the way I feel in the uniform. Hell, my usual garb is just a pair of BDUs and a quarter zip... It's the way the patient feels when they see me arrive in my uniform.

Sometimes just showing up and taking control of the situation makes the patient feel better.

You'll walk in and hear a family member say, "The paramedics are here. It's going to be okay now..."

I don't care what my uniform looks like, as long as I can make the patient feel better.

No matter what you wear, and how you feel when you wear it... it's not about you. It's NEVER about you. It's about what you do for others.

And if you remember that, you'll never go down the wrong road.

Last edited by a moderator:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
\ Scrubs, i could give or take

Are you kidding me? My childhood dream was being able to go to work in pajamas and still be respected as a "professional."

OP
OP
Nelg

Nelg

Forum Crew Member
Just was commenting more on the pride hitting, starting down the path of helping others. Know wearing the BDU's and the button up shirt for my clinical ER work and just loving the feeling of helping others out. From the little kids with the stuffy noses to the elderly just wanting to talk to someone with COPD or other respiratory/heart problems.

Just felt like the choice of career seems more right now.