Slip-On Boots

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've heard a lot of good things about the red backs. However the lack of ankle support is why I never got a pair.

My first pair of boots were a pair of Pro Warrings that one of my mentors gave me. I owned the boots for 5 years (no clue how long my mentor had them) and they are still in ok condition.

The new pair of boots I have are Haix (only one that was in stock that my company pair for). So far I like them. Only time will tell if they last as long. These are more comfortable than the Pro Warrings.

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I've heard a lot of good things about the red backs. However the lack of ankle support is why I never got a pair.

My first pair of boots were a pair of Pro Warrings that one of my mentors gave me. I owned the boots for 5 years (no clue how long my mentor had them) and they are still in ok condition.

The new pair of boots I have are Haix (only one that was in stock that my company pair for). So far I like them. Only time will tell if they last as long. These are more comfortable than the Pro Warrings.

If I had the money/allowance I'd buy Haix. In the interim I picked up some RedBack Blue Tongues with a composite toe. Should be here Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
If I had the money/allowance I'd buy Haix. In the interim I picked up some RedBack Blue Tongues with a composite toe. Should be here Tuesday.

We get 200/2yrs but still those HAIX are ridiculous expensive. Everyone that does have them loves them. Those blue tongues are good too they are made by the same manufacturer I believe as red backs

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
We get 200/2yrs but still those HAIX are ridiculous expensive. Everyone that does have them loves them. Those blue tongues are good too they are made by the same manufacturer I believe as red backs

As a haix owner, i agree they can be pricey, but with their refurbishment program, i send them out every year and they will resole them, replace and stitching, repair any leather, give me new insoles and laces, polish and condition the boot and either deodorize or steam clean the inside for $90. So its expensive up front, but with this program i basically get new water proof, BBP resistant, steeltoed, structural/wildfire rated boots every year for less then a 5.11 low end boot

As far as slip on boots, the firemen wear then because they get into bunker pants on all of their calls. As an EMT i want the ankle support when carrying patient up or down or on rougher terrain like roadside ditches and medians

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My Blue Tongues have finally arrived and they are sweet. Super comfortable and classy looking!

ypeguna4.jpg

HeadRusch

Forum Ride Along
Blue Tongues

I was looking at getting some blue tongues, but I have a concern with slip on boots. Especially if I have to run or go up or down a steep slope, my foot tends to slip in them a lot more than a laced boot.

jefftherealmccoy

Forum Crew Member
I've got the Danner striker II with side zip. I love them. I'm on my second pair actually. Very comfortable. I thought about getting the Thorogood's, but decided against it because they're only waterproof until you get up to the composite on the side. We have lots of snow and i don't want to walk around with wet feet.

Anyone have any problems with them in the snow?