Sleep Schedule?

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
I think that is what really wears me out. When you don't have the relief of going home, it hurts the psyche. And between three services and my internship...

Yup totally agree! Never thought of it that way before but definitely a factor.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Urban Department: if I'm on a 24, we usually have a light morning and relatively light afternoon. An afternoon nap is a must when possible as at night (especially on Friday/Sat) we could run all night. Usually we pick up around 4 pm or so and run our butts off until 11. Somewhere in there we try to grab a bit to eat but often we don't see the inside of the station between 4 or 5 pm and 10 or 11 pm. Go to bed when we get back and finish putting the truck back together and may get one or two more quick runs before sun up.

Rural Department: Very few runs, but transports take 2+ hours due to transport distance. Even non transports can take up to an hour just because our run district is huge and it can take us over a half hour to get to some parts of it. Usually I have a normal day but I try to eat dinner a bit early and lay down around 8pm. (Some of my partners lay down around 6pm to try and get some sleep.) If we don't take a run all night, then awesome, I wake up around 4 or 5, grab some breakfast from the local diner and walk out from the shift (which ends either 6am or 8am depending on which truck I'm on). If we do take a run, then I lose out on a few hours of sleep, but I can still sleep in till 8 and get enough rest to function. But I'm lucky to be at a station that takes 4 runs per day on average.