Short term employment/ job hopping on resume?

stemi

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone! I'm currently employed an EKG monitor tech for a place right now, and I've been working there for about 2 months. However, I finally received my state and county EMT-B cert and I want to apply for some EMT jobs.

When I submit my resume/application, how will potential employers look upon me applying for a new job so quickly after starting a new one? I'm not sure if I can/should leave the experience off, because I have next to no other job experience at all.

Thanks

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
This situation won't reflect negatively on you because you were waiting for your certs to come in, and now you're putting those certs to practice.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
If you get an interview, they'll likely ask you why you're leaving your current job. Be honest.

dortS

Forum Ride Along
Coming from a recruitment background in the past job hopping does not look good, when looking at resumes if I see someone has had more than 3 jobs in the past 5 years I usually look no further and put those resumes in my don't call pile

JPINFV

Gadfly
Coming from a recruitment background in the past job hopping does not look good, when looking at resumes if I see someone has had more than 3 jobs in the past 5 years I usually look no further and put those resumes in my don't call pile

Do you at least ensure that they aren't concurrent jobs or seasonal jobs? Heck, all of the jobs I've ever had either ended or started in a 5 year period, but 1 of those jobs was a concurrent seasonal position.