September 11th

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
With yet another major hurricane approaching the states, fires burning in the west and massive flooding all along the east coast, it's easy to forget that three years ago today 3,000 people died going about their normal, daily lives.

I hope sometime today you all take a moment and remember those who died during the attacks.

:(

Chimp

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
FDNY_ice_sculpture.jpg

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I reslized at about 02.00 today. I almost posted something along the lines of yours chimp.

Never forgotten.

Zachary Krier
NRFF/PAEMT-B

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Never forgiven, never forgotten, hunt them to the ends of the earth.

Alpha752

Forum Crew Member
I will never forget what happened that day.

I wear a black band around my badge on the 11th to remember all of the Police, Fire Fighters, EMT's, Security Officers, and civilians that lost their lives that day.

God bless them all, and all of us.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Someone somewhere has something against me being able to participate in memorial type events... I have yet to hear my friend James' name read at the memorial service - for one reason or another I always "just" miss it - this year I actually didn't hear any of my friends' names - missed them all.

And then there was the candlelighting/memorial service I went to with the ambulance corps - we got an ALS call and I was taken out of the line to run the call and missed the wreath placements and the candlelighting. BUT, I did get to hear all the politicians speak :blink:

But, on my way home Saturday night, I did see the Towers of Light. They had shone for 6 months during 2001 and I never got the chance to see them - but by the grace of God I saw them from over 40 miles away Saturday night, about 5 miles from my house. It was beautiful and it really helped brighten my otherwise gloomy day.

http://360vr.com/light/

EMS Maniac

Forum Probie
NEVER FORGOTTEN!

A dear friend was caught in the malay at the Pentagon that day - she recovers slowly - there are still surgeries in the works for her but she is alive and thankful for it. However in the ensuing efforts to stop terrorism, I have lost my dearest friend and I include him in my September 11th prayers.
I will never forget 9-11-01 or the aftermath.

"All gave some - Some gave all"