September 11, 2001 - September 11, 2007

Hedar

Forum Crew Member
I think you need to take a moment and remember what site you are visiting. This is EMTLife.com. 343 firefighters died on September 11, 2001. Since a large portion of our community members are firefighters, it's only fitting that we honor the day when such a large group of FF died.

Yes I know, i'm sorry if I say something offensive, I don't try to say that you don't have to remember FF died! Absolutely!
I'm an EMS in an other country, I consider the 9/11 by the other side of the world, I say only that some media (not this forum...) USE the 9/11.

Commemoration with hot-dog and majorettes, FF dolls, videogame, TV serial, Posters, T-shirts, Tea cups and much more...

This is useless, remembre the honour of the ppl died mean celebrate a silent meeting, light a candle on window the night of 9/11 and say a pray in your religion...

That's all, can you understand me? :sad:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I think you need to take a moment and remember what site you are visiting. This is EMTLife.com. 343 firefighters died on September 11, 2001. Since a large portion of our community members are firefighters, it's only fitting that we honor the day when such a large group of FF died.

Agreed MMiz, I believe that if that number of our fellow EMS workers in any country, anywhere died in one event, the response within the EMS community would be the same.

Hedar, Guardian is expressing his own views regarding patriotism and the events of 911 as he sees them. But he is one voice only.

Hedar

Forum Crew Member
Ok, since you're a historian now, can you site a primary source giving a shred of evidence that what your saying is true? No, of course not.

Your last statement is strange considering you're the one who brought this up in the first place.

I tell you what my teacher tell us some years ago, the history is writed a bit different state by state...

For example, what you know about Mussolini? And Berlusconi? (the same person for me...)

You have only to tell me your version, believe in what a book or a teacher say is not enought, I think first A-bomb was dropped to close the war, i can believe or not about the Japanese surrend, but the second bomb... why? One was not enought? ;)

Sorry for the off topic, I'm only a curious stranger, I say to you my reality to know your reality. ^_^

Hedar

Forum Crew Member
Guardian

Hedar thought our commerating 9/11 made Americans more important. You seem to agree with that. I don't. Not all the death on 9/11 were American. Do we only celebrate the lives of victims with American citizenship that died on 9/11? Absouletly not! We commerate everyone who died on 9/11 with the exception of the perps.

On the same basis, the people who died in the Madrid Attacks or the 7/7 bombings of the London underground are just as important. Yes these events were not as dramatic to the United States as 9/11 was. But an attack on them is an attack on us. It is an attack by Islamic extremists against innocent civilians. I have no patience for that sort of violence. I am steadfast against religious violence in free societies.

Is what I want to say... But because I don't know english is not easy talk to you :sad:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Is what I want to say... But because I don't know english is not easy talk to you :sad:

Hedar, you speak english much better than I speak Italian! The only italian I know is either related to food, or cuss words.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Yes I know, i'm sorry if I say something offensive, I don't try to say that you don't have to remember FF died! Absolutely!
I'm an EMS in an other country, I consider the 9/11 by the other side of the world, I say only that some media (not this forum...) USE the 9/11.

Commemoration with hot-dog and majorettes, FF dolls, videogame, TV serial, Posters, T-shirts, Tea cups and much more...

This is useless, remembre the honour of the ppl died mean celebrate a silent meeting, light a candle on window the night of 9/11 and say a pray in your religion...

That's all, can you understand me? :sad:
There are many events that people remember and celebrate. There are many holidays in other areas and religions that I find totally weird. Sometimes I find it even weirder to see how some people remember seemingly sad events.

Many people remember September 11th not only for the horrendous terrorist events, but also for the amazing way in which the nation and world responded. In an era when we've seemed to have lost that sense or national pride and unity, the events of 9/11 proved to us that Americans are able to accomplish great things when working together. For the first time in a long time we were able to be proud of our response to a disaster.

Please don't confuse the American people with our American government. Our government may have used September 11th to rationalize the the Iraq War and our War on Terror, you'll find that a majority of Americans disagree with the actions of our own government. That by no means negates my pride in our country's immediate response to the events 9/11.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm not even sure I should get into this one, but here goes.

Hedar, the 2nd bomb was dropped on Nagasaki after Japan failed to surrender unconditionally in a specified time frame. The ultimatum passed without surrender, so they got a second bomb.

As to your question about who keeps America from doing idiotic things, you already know the answer to that. The short answer is no one, except the American people. The history of the 20th century was such that it placed America in a position to be a super power at a time (or two) when Europe (and the rest of the world) needed us to be one.

I would also like to ask you a serious question. Whenever any type of disaster occurs anywhere in the world, which country is the first one that everyone looks to for help, guidance, and money?

On to the topic of the Madrid and 7/7 bombings, I'm with Guardian on this one. While as tragic as they are, they are less important to me than 9/11 because of the associated American involvement. If I was Spanish or English, it may be a different story, but I'm an American so in my view, America comes first.

I also agree with MMiz in that 9/11 also shows what this country is capable of when united in a common goal. A lot of people (and countries, too) often confuse our lack of political will for incompetence or inability. It just ain't so. Historically, this country has generally been divided into thirds on any given subject...a third for ,a third against, and a third that just doesn't care. Certain events, however, defy this rule. 9/11 and 12/7/1941 come to mind immediately with noticeable results.

Sorry for the rambling, but I can blame it on the fermented beverages. :beerchug:

crash_cart

Forum Crew Member
I too, like the display under the EMTLife logo. Yes, it is tragic when anyone dies and I don't think anyone of us would trivialize it. As pointed out earlier, 9/11 was a life altering event for our nation and it affects this board as many fine public servants were lost. It is only fitting that this kind of tribute be offered up. Let's honor the people who sacrificed on that day and leave politics at the door step.:wacko:

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I too, like the display under the EMTLife logo. Yes, it is tragic when anyone dies and I don't think anyone of us would trivialize it. As pointed out earlier, 9/11 was a life altering event for our nation and it affects this board as many fine public servants were lost. It is only fitting that this kind of tribute be offered up. Let's honor the people who sacrificed on that day and leave politics at the door step.:wacko:

I agree... this shouldn't be a political debate. this is a date that we should remember all of the people and personnell that lost their lives. To this day, we are still losing rescuers from illnesses related to that incident. so no morepolitics please as I am unhappy to hear that trivialized having been there myself.

Hedar

Forum Crew Member
sure...
I don' want to talk about politics, just try to know the american point of view...

I know the power of USA, a power born in less than 300 years by a coalization of european and africans people goes to the "new world"... Many of you are euripean or african, but after 4 or 5 generations you feel only "americans". This mean that in USA there's a big patriotic sense, teached by primary school (i think)...

In Italy people lose the sense of nation, in my city (105.000 ppl) you can find 10 flags, only on main buildings, Novara is a city in North Italy, ppl from south Italy after 4 generation in my city continue speak in originary lenguage of south, are fans of originary football team etc..
We are a little nation (59.131.287 ppl) but we are really different... Italy is united under the same flag only when national football team play ;)

firecoins

IFT Puppet
sure...
I don' want to talk about politics, just try to know the american point of view...

I know the power of USA, a power born in less than 300 years by a coalization of european and africans people goes to the "new world"... Many of you are euripean or african, but after 4 or 5 generations you feel only "americans". This mean that in USA there's a big patriotic sense, teached by primary school (i think)...

In Italy people lose the sense of nation, in my city (105.000 ppl) you can find 10 flags, only on main buildings, Novara is a city in North Italy, ppl from south Italy after 4 generation in my city continue speak in originary lenguage of south, are fans of originary football team etc..
We are a little nation (59.131.287 ppl) but we are really different... Italy is united under the same flag only when national football team play ;)

The US is much larger and is different in many ways from regional differences to political ones. A certain few events unite us. 9/11 was one of them.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This thread has gone far enough off topic. Please remember that it was meant as a tribute to those who fell on 9/11.

Any further comments about the political aspects of this topic should be posted in a new thread in the Lounge.