Seeking advice.

GoingLoud

Forum Crew Member
I'm a NREMTP, And a Certified FF,

Right now I live in michigan which completely blows for fire jobs.

Aside from going to school to be a nurse, what are my options?

Right now i make approximately 30,000 a year at my current place of business.

I hear rumors of traveling paramedics, is there any validation to that?

are there any fire departments that will pay me to move down to a certain state to work full time?

any and all info would be appreciated.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
yes. if you have your NREMTP card, it's sorta like a jump to the head of the line pass for many many departments. look to move to virginia, maryland, or DC, many departments down south, as long as you have that gold card, you are almost guaranteed a job.

get the job, work for a year living in an apartment, build up money, and buy a home. very easy to do, esp if you don't have anything holding you down. look at all the firefighter job websites, many require an NREMTP, and once you have it, they will welcome you with open arms.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Yeah pretty much what he said. Jobs for medics with experience are not in short supply here. Our county has doubled its staff in the past couple of years, and are hiring again now.

Sunyata

Forum Probie
Exactly, I am in Virginia as well, and if you are an NREMTP AND a Certified FF then you would be pretty much guaranteed a job here.

Depending on what agency you decide to go with, you could easily travel quite a bit.

Good luck!