Scissors Holster

jchow2156

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone wear a cordura or leather scissors holster anymore, I know in the 70's and 80's everyone wore them.

medicstudent101

Forum Lieutenant
Can't say I do. I either slip em' on my back belt hole or the slit of one of my side pockets. Much easier and accessible.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I tuck them through the back belt loop too. Seems like the easiest option, and I'm pretty quick on the draw.

mc400

Forum Crew Member
I have a pair in my turn-out pocket, and in my brush pants poket, and I hardly ever use them because theres always a few in the trauma box, same reason I never carry a fanny pack on scene. I do in my pov though just in case I need anything but not at work.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Most hospitals bar them due to infection control issues

I wore one in 1981.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I do. I keep my sheers on my duty belt at my employer that doesn't permit EMT pants, when I work shifts in a city. My scissors holser is horizontal, and
also allows me to to hold a pen, multi-tool,
I also keep other stuff on it (radio holster, glove pouch, leather glovers, flashlight case), but that is just for when I work night shifts in an urban environments.

Plus my new job allows me to wear EMT pats, which allow me to keep the duty belt in my bag, and keep most of the supplies in my cargo pockets.

I also keep a set of sheers on the back of my FF helmet held in by a rubber band.

SFox3325

Forum Probie
I have one in leather, and two in nylon all vertical. I used to be a first responder in a manuf. plant, and we had to wear them in a holster. When I work at the dept. I just tuck them into the leg pouch on my EMT pants. I did like the holster, but it became a pain when getting my bunker pants on, and it would slide under the holster and get stuck by my belt lol Be Safe :cool:

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
I used to wear a nylon one in the Army while garrison as a medic but generally "tuck" the shears in my belt now also. I have a seperate pouch for a light and leatherman tool.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My pants have shear holders...

Bosco836

Forum Lieutenant
I wear one, as do 60-70% of the members working with my service.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Mine go in the straps where they're designed to on my ems pants.

Last edited by a moderator: