Scenario

I know it was just to express that at BLS there really is only so much you can do with the diagnostic tools you are given. This was less for the CME value but more for the emotional value for all first responders out there who have a sick patient that they can't really do much for to know they tried the best with the clinical knowledge and diagnostic tools available to them in the field. No diagnosis known but I wish I could find out the autopsy report to see what the issue was.

Hope your not too upset STXmedic :(

You might want to read some of the past scenarios on this forum so you get a better idea of how they work.

This was, to put it bluntly, a waste of time.

You didn't have any information to help the members form a working impression and then you ended with "oh well, she died". With zero follow up. That's useless.

If you want to present scenarios as a learning experience, "I'm only a basic, what do you think was going on...", that's fine. We'll help you along with pointing you in the right direction, help you to learn what to look for and provide some thoughts to ponder....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys! misleading title. will do better next time.

Sepsis d/t large aspiration PNA with ARF. Boom.

Back