Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurong

Forum Probie
Of course not, that would of made too much sense. At the time I had at least 4 months to finish up my b.s. Degree and I figured that would be plenty of time. I think I am going to make some calls in the morning and see if it would just be faster to do a new application, but I bet I lose my $125 in the process.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
That sucks man. Check where your nearest passport issue office is. I live in Portland Oregon and mine is in Seattle. I can make an appointment and drive up there with a travel agenda showing a flight for Saudi in less than 2 weeks and get my passport the same day with some extra fee's.

rhousewa

Forum Probie
Passports

I don't want to spoil anyone's day but this is the link to the Saudi Embassy for work visa information. The first item on the list is, "A passport valid for at least six (6) months, with at least two (2) clear visa pages adjacent to each other." This site has a lot of good information that you should view if you are looking at going to KSA. Jeff

http://www.saudiembassy.net/services/employment_visa.aspx

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
You also will not be able to book a flight to Saudi without a valid work visa, which requires a passport valid for 6 months or longer.

In essence, you need to expedite your passport, and then you have 6 months to get all the paperwork complete. In fact, you cannot even fill out the online application completely without a valid passport #. I would say you have at least 7 months from the time your passport is in your hand until you will be able to deploy. That is 6 months for the time limit, and then 3-4 weeks after that to allow for the visa to process.

That isn't to say that the SRCA may not be able to assist you in obtaining a work visa sooner by somehow getting the consulate to waive the 6 month passport time requirement, however, you and I have a better chance of getting into a snowball fight in Riyadh than that happening, IMHO.

JayPal

Forum Ride Along
Well, I see that several people have several questions about the SRCA and the operations that we are setting up. I apologize for not coming up sooner on this website, but I was just informed about it (and I notice that I am already in the paper, ice cream on me!). I am Jay Paladino and the Head of Aviation Paramedical for Action Aviation who is consulting to the SRCA on this project. As most of you know, I contact you by phone to answer your questions because I like talking to live people instead of typing. Should you have any questions, please ask me directly and I will shoot you straight. The last thing I would do is bring someone over here on false pretenses. It does nothing but wastes my resources and time as it does yours. I have been an expat and experienced that situation personally and it does make for a successful work environment. This project is big and we need people that are willing to be a part of something that is why I am posting this. Please, anything you would like to know, ASK! My personal email is jaypaladino@gmail.com

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Jay I sent you an email.

Other guys, ' "A passport valid for at least six (6) months" I understood this statement differently. To me that means your passport must remain valid for the next 6 months until it expires. That also makes more since to me, Why would they give you a visa if your passport expires next month, compared to just having your passport it in a drawer for 6 months as a requirment. I could be wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yurong

Forum Probie
That's how I took it also. Looks like
my closest passportoffice is in DC... Oh well, nothing like
a Trip to the capital to fell like your tax dollars are wasted!

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Yeah after further review I am mistaken, I think you guys are right...

This is why I am a paramedic not a travel agent, although lately coordinating all of my paperwork I feel somewhat like an HR agent...

Sorry for the bad info...

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Hey no prob it was not that clear, but Jay from SRCA got back to me and said
"No, you need to have 6 months validity left on the passport." so I guess I was right.
I am not a travel agent either and was not sure, so I am glad he cleared that up for us!

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Work visa was approved today!

I have sent the date range for when I would like to deploy, and the travel agent is booking the tickets for me and sending the info to SRCA. The next thing I should get is my e ticket and my originals back from the consulate.

January 13th - the 18th I will will be deploying....

muzlblast

Forum Ride Along
Work visa was approved today!

I have sent the date range for when I would like to deploy, and the travel agent is booking the tickets for me and sending the info to SRCA. The next thing I should get is my e ticket and my originals back from the consulate.

January 13th - the 18th I will will be deploying....

Congrats buddy, Looking forward to hearing from you when get there. See you soon!

helimedic39

Forum Crew Member
another add on

Hey, thought i'd throw myself out there since i've seen everyone has been communicating about going to work for SRCA. I'm working on my passport now and waiting. Looks like I will have a job offer once all that is set to go. Looking towards end of January realistically. So what's up, I'm Rob.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
hey rob hows it going? Where are you from how did you hear about SRCA?

helimedic39

Forum Crew Member
What's up, I'm originally from Ann Arbor MI, GO BLUE! (eventhough we sucked again). I have been in AZ for the last 6 years..phoenix..I work in Colorado for a flight program. I heard about SRCA through JEMS. It was advertised, then action aviation posted on flightweb.

remotemedic

Forum Ride Along
SRCA/Action aviation

Thanks everyone for all the helpful information. But lets stop beating around the bush, what's the salary range? For everyone who claim to have been made an offer, can you help? I've done work oversea work before, and it can be very rewarding. But I think some of you are jumping to quick. I personally expect at least $20,000 more than I make in the USA, otherwise what's the point. Everyone needs to take a deep breath, and do your homework before you jump. Read the infromation closely. If you use all of your vacation time out of country(Saudi Arabia), this will make you inelligible for the free tax beneifit. Trust me, I made this mistake, and I'm still paying the IRS today. Again, can someone be up front and provide what they're offering in salaries. I'm impressed with the benefits, and ready to go, just waiting for fair wage. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting the run around, I've received everything from from them both, except the salary. And they continue to ask if I can come immediately. The answer is YES, for a fair wage!!! How about the Action Aviation guy, could you provide a salary range, or spread sheet? Thanks!

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
First off, you are welcome for the info...

Secondly, salary is a pretty personal issue, so I am not sure how much luck you will have getting people to spill the beans on what they are making. From what I can tell, it is experience based, not negotiation based, and that's about it. When they sent me my contract, it was clearly outlined how much I would be making and it was fair in my opinion.

I saw on the FAQ'a on the www.emssaudiarabia.com website, that the salary was non negotiable, however, a few people have said that they have been given a second offer, I don't know how true that is.

Best of luck getting an offer you find acceptable.

By the way, I dealt directly with SRCA during my recruitment, so I am not sure how the recruitment process works if you are going through Action Aviation. That would be a question Jay might have the answer to. I am not saying one is better than the other, I am just pointing out that the things I say are from dealing with SRCA, not Action.

Last edited by a moderator:

remotemedic

Forum Ride Along
SRCA/Action aviation

Thanks, for the information. I appreciate the advise and information. I have dealt with Action aviation, sounds like I need to deal with SRCA direct instead. As I realize salaries are a sensative issue from a company perspective, but I believe they are well shared on most bullentin boards, and internet discussion sites. I view several career oriented sites daily. This is how I found my last overseas employment. You find resources, and then communicate either directly with correspondents, or indirectly on the internet. Please don't take offense, but I believe you have backed yourself in the corner by giving your name, you should never do so. So I do not believe asking for a salary range is outside business or internet etique. So, we'll just agree to disagree. Thanks again, and congrates, hopefully we'll be working together soon. I will share that my salary as a remote medic was $120,000, with the range any where from $100 to $150+. I realize this is not even close to that position or situation. But I hope a range of $80 to $100 would be possible. Don't be so naive to believe that this is a safe and easy job, you are in a foreign country that dislikes Americans. If you disagree, read about the bombings on the American contractor compounds in the past. Our compounds require large amounts of security, and basically our own village(shopping,grocery,etc.) when off duty. Not trying to scare anyone, just being honest. Like I said before, I'm ready to move myself. I just think some of you are naive. Also to be fair, if some of you take low salaries, it hurts all of us, in such a harsh, and foreign land, let's be paid what we're worth. Why else do you think they're recruiting Americans. Supply and demand! Blah, Blah, Blah, can someone provide a vague salary range. I have a family to feed, and bills to pay, just like everyone else!

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
yea bad idea to talk about offers on the public forum. Also this is not a DOD contract slot and it is not in a combat zone.

In other news, I have ran into another question. Did you guys do a FBI check on yourself or state police check? How long did this take?

- Mike

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
I did a state DPS fingerprint check. It was returned in 5 business days. I live in Texas, so I am not sure how things will go in your state...

Status
Not open for further replies.