Rural Metro Milpitas

EMT1A

Forum Crew Member
passed the interview! now I'm dying for that email telling me where to go for drug and background.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Congrats, and for the record, this thread is still great.

DPM

Forum Captain
Yeah I got a phone call this morning from the HR people. I've got the job pending a background & drug screening. Fingers crossed!! Haha

EMT1A

Forum Crew Member
anybody else get a callback? be interested to see how many people on here show up to orientation

fhretanubun

Forum Ride Along
This tread is pretty good and helpful insight. I have couple questions:

I'm currently a new hire for bayshore and we're basically doing IFT and code2. I had applied for Rural Metro awhile back but never got call back and today, i received a call for interview and very stoke, but from what I've read from this tread (interview in Milpitas) will mostly likely only for IFT.

So my question is that, should I just stuck it out with Bayshore (because I've already been working there) or should I moved to Rural and hoping that I will eventually moved up to ALS.

PS (bayshore don't have ALS only BLS and CCT)

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Go where you have advancement opportunities. Which sounds like you don't in your current company.

geotuna93

Forum Probie
911 division

Does any one know anything about how to get hired for the 911 division for santa clara county?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Does any one know anything about how to get hired for the 911 division for santa clara county?
When a position opens online, apply. They will not accept walk in resume, and they'll say applications are only online.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

dantew1

Forum Ride Along
Hey Aprz, I noticed your employed w/RM milpitas and I have a few question for you (if u have the time to answer them, id appreciate it... greatly) I have an interview with RM this week.

1.) What is the interview like? What sorts of questions will they be asking?

2.) what is emt pay? (I only have 4 months exp)

3.) how does scheduling work there? is it pretty easy to get 40hrs a wk?

4.) Is there a uniform and boot allowance?

5.) Is rural currently using the epcr's? are most the units type 2s?

thank you,

TAY