Rural Metro Milpitas job offer?

dancelife8712

Forum Probie
I had an interview with Rural Metro in Milpitas last week on Thursday. Said they would call in 1-2 weeks. I actually got called yesterday (5 days after the interview) and she said they were pleased to offer me the job, and that she would email me with the official offer for me to look over and that I should get back to her today. She said I got an offer for the IFT division. What she actually emailed me was an "Application request" which I completed and I haven't heard anything back yet.

Am I hired or what? Anyone else have a similiar experience? If I did in fact get the job, I'm just wondering what's in store as far as orientation, scheduling, etc.

Angel

Paramedic
how in the world did you get them to call you in the first place?? Ive applied several times and no one ever calls me back<_<

sorry i don't have an answer to your question, i will ask a friend that currently works there and see if she knows

OP
OP
D

dancelife8712

Forum Probie
hmm that's weird. Did you apply within the last few weeks? I went to the interview last week expecting to do skills testing, written tests, etc. and all we got were the generic interview questions. I guess it depends how many people they need to hire and how many apply. I just got my EMT certs last month and have no experience so I don't know why they would hire me over someone else. Do you have all ur certs, amb. driver cert., etc.?

Angel

Paramedic
yea jan 27 and its 'under review' ive been calling their HR too, but that's just a dead end (voicemail)

i passed your question along just waiting on an answer btw

from what i was told a lot of people are moving from their ift to 911 due to (potential) lay offs so im sure you are good to go just some paperwork confusion but ill let you know what she says

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
from what i was told a lot of people are moving from their ift to 911 due to (potential) lay offs so im sure you are good to go just some paperwork confusion but ill let you know what she says
That's just a rumor, and it's false.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
That's just a rumor, and it's false.
Turns out I was wrong, but I don't think they hired a lot of guys from IFT.

kthealy

Forum Probie
I interviewed for 911 and was not selected, but then I was sent the same application email. They are having some issues.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah they just canned a bunch of people in RM Bay Area due to the CPR card fraud that has hit RM and even into the Santa Clara EMS agency itself.

lescoffeebeans

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone, I realize this thread is old but has anyone applied for R/M Milpitas recently and heard back? I've applied over 2 wks ago and haven't gotten anything.... I've been looking for work but nothing :sad:

Angel

Paramedic
i think they hire in 'waves' my friend applied a couple weeks before me (about 3 weeks ago now) and got offered a position (dont think he accepted it) and i applied, again, and havent heard anything yet.

when i first applied it took about a month, maybe 2 to hear anything back.

you will hopefully hear something soon.

lescoffeebeans

Forum Ride Along
i think they hire in 'waves' my friend applied a couple weeks before me (about 3 weeks ago now) and got offered a position (dont think he accepted it) and i applied, again, and havent heard anything yet.

when i first applied it took about a month, maybe 2 to hear anything back.

you will hopefully hear something soon.

Thanks for your reply... But after a month of waiting, I decided to withdraw my app and resubmit it. I did that yesterday and got a call today. Unfortunately, I was at work so I didn't have a chance to pick up. If you still haven't received a response, maybe you could try doing that :)

Angel

Paramedic
ha, funny how that works. I actually got an offer somewhere else so ill stay put but congrats to you.
did you try calling back? I think her name is Jacquelyn if you want, all dispatch and ask to be transferred.

lescoffeebeans

Forum Ride Along
Yes I did, I just did the interview. Now I'm waiting for a call back... Congrats for landing the position. I wish you the best of luck!