Riverside AMR - Phone Interview

Mitchellmvhs

Forum Crew Member
Hey, I’ve made a previous post before about how I’ve been look for jobs since I finished my EMT-B in December 2019. I’ve really been struggling for like 4 months now trying to get in somewhere just to get experience. I do have 2.5 year work experience as I used to work as a manager at a fast food restaurant, but I don’t have any as an EMT. I also am still going to school as a nursing major, so I do have more knowledge as far as anatomy goes than what I learned in my EMT class

I recently got a Phone interview lined up for Riverside County AMR, I was told it’ll only be 30 mins for them to get to know me with no tests or anything I assume due to Corona Virus. I find this strange, but I had an interview with San Diego AMR in March and I passed their on hand skills test, but not the verbal test they gave me and I was expecting a similar interview process with Riverside. Can anyone give me some tips or what to expect? I really want to work at AMR since they’re like the only 911 provider in my county. I’m hoping to start on IFT then get into 911 in a few months/ year.

I’m really super eager to get into EMS. If anyone’s got info or tips for me I’d greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mitchellmvhs

Mitchellmvhs

Forum Crew Member
Which AMR in RivCo? There are 3 separate divisions.
I’m not entirely sure. It just says riverside online. I did apply to hemit/Redlands/riverside, but only got interview for riverside

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So then it would be AMR-Riverside division.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Riverside is the worst of the three going from people I know there. I did 10yrs in Hemet(maybe make sure you spell it right if you test there), two of my current FF's were long time AMR Desert(Palm Springs) employees. Either one of those two would be preferable. Even Redlands or Rancho.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Riverside is the worst of the three going from people I know there. I did 10yrs in Hemet(maybe make sure you spell it right if you test there), two of my current FF's were long time AMR Desert(Palm Springs) employees. Either one of those two would be preferable. Even Redlands or Rancho.
Please don’t say you got stuck with Scotty boy?