Ride Along Today!!!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by CodeSurfer@Mar 2 2005, 11:27 AM
Wow you guys... I'm jealous. Everyone seems to be guaranteed more experience than me. 8 hours each ride along and ED (not only pt contact time counting) Is nothing compared to your standards! I guess it just indicative of how little BLS really gets to do here now.

*moves to BFE*
My paramedic program is the same - probably close to 1000 hours clinical - 2 8h shifts a week, on top of 2 8h classes a week. Then ride time 40 hour+ weeks for 1-2 months.

The emt program my school has I think wants 16 hours - 2 shifts at therir large trauma center, just to have a little patient contact before finals.

Jo

OP
OP
C

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Tomorrow I get to go on my ride along with ALS.... I'll be riding on engine 17, known around here as "The Hub".

Maybe this will help with my insatiable quest for some intense calls. Wish me luck!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by CodeSurfer@Mar 6 2005, 10:26 PM
Tomorrow I get to go on my ride along with ALS.... I'll be riding on engine 17, known around here as "The Hub".

Maybe this will help with my insatiable quest for some intense calls. Wish me luck!
Good lick, and have fun.

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 7 2005, 07:40 AM
Good lick, and have fun.
What are YOU thinking about???

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Mar 7 2005, 11:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Mar 7 2005, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Mar 7 2005, 07:40 AM
Good lick, and have fun.
What are YOU thinking about??? [/b][/quote]
What do you mean? You aren't supposed to have fun when working with medics????

Jon

rescuecpt

Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 7 2005, 01:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 7 2005, 01:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Mar 7 2005, 11:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@Mar 7 2005, 07:40 AM
Good lick, and have fun.

Jon [/b][/quote]
I didn't know there was licking involved - I must be missing something on my ambulances! THAT'S what I meant!

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Well hell, one of the first things I was told on my very first ride along (by my preceptor) was that they all put the beds together and slept naked, I just naturally assumed licking was involved as well. :rolleyes:

Summit

Critical Crazy
You know there have to be some crews in this country that find ways to pass the time while posting 8 hours in an empty dirt lot in a vehicle with a bed in the back and nothing to do but sleep tog... er I mean sleep... :lol:

I've never heard any first hand accounts though.

I know there is one EMT on our service I wouldn't mind... but that would be unprofessional <_<

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Mar 7 2005, 02:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Mar 7 2005, 02:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 7 2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Mar 7 2005, 11:35 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@Mar 7 2005, 07:40 AM
Good lick, and have fun.

Jon
I didn't know there was licking involved - I must be missing something on my ambulances! THAT'S what I meant! [/b][/quote]
oops wrong vowel.

should read LUCK

Jon

OP
OP
C

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
No lick... but the luck was good. The day was busy, although none of the calls were extremely instense. We almost got a structure fire, it was amazing how fast they drove to that but another engine got there first and the call wasnt that great. All in all today has revived my ambition to become a firefighter paramedic because it just floats my boat. :D

rescuecpt

Originally posted by Summit@Mar 7 2005, 03:42 PM
You know there have to be some crews in this country that find ways to pass the time while posting 8 hours in an empty dirt lot in a vehicle with a bed in the back and nothing to do but sleep tog... er I mean sleep... :lol:

I've never heard any first hand accounts though.

I know there is one EMT on our service I wouldn't mind... but that would be unprofessional <_<
We don't post, but we do have overnights... and BOY there are stories about which couches not to sleep on and such... the bunk rooms sleep 4 per room (there are 2) and then there are 4 couches - 2 in the lounge and 2 in the youth squad room. Some of them NEED to be burned...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Mar 7 2005, 11:52 PM
We don't post, but we do have overnights... and BOY there are stories about which couches not to sleep on and such... the bunk rooms sleep 4 per room (there are 2) and then there are 4 couches - 2 in the lounge and 2 in the youth squad room. Some of them NEED to be burned...
The lore of my service includes two things.

A - The "Just add water" couch. Finally got burned

B - The pool table. Had to be trashed when the pool balls wouldn't roll anymore.

:rolleyes:

The things that happen in a college EMS town.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 8 2005, 11:29 AM

A - The "Just add water" couch. Finally got burned

B - The pool table. Had to be trashed when the pool balls wouldn't roll anymore.

:rolleyes:

The things that happen in a college EMS town.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :unsure:

OP
OP
C

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
What have I gotten myself into?!?!? *puts plastic on the couch* I always heard that the ambulance was dirty in the back... I guess I was wrong to assume it was from the patients.