rescue 3 techincal training

SARcastic1

Forum Probie
Hi y'all, I was wondering if anyone has ever taken a course with "rescue 3 int." tech rope, swift or white water rescue etc. What did you think of the training? was it adequate enough? In what (if any) ways did it help advance your career or obtain a career? etc... Just wonder, cause Im looking to take some of there training courses both to "better" my resume, I would think these quality's would be helpful and a sorta "1 up" on the competition but also for my own personal satisfaction HOWEVER being as this is coming out of my pocket book not an agency Im working for, Im just waying the pro's and con's. Financially my "own personal satisfaction" does not justify the cost!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'd try one of the forums dedicated to fire/rescue. This is primarily a "medical" forum. While we occasionally do discuss stuff aside from airways, STEMIs and school nurses, we tend to focus more on patient care aspects of the profession.

Sent from my iPhone.

WickedGood

Forum Crew Member
I have rescue training. It varies from state to state. NC has an incredible technical rescue curriculum that I have been plugging my way through. I lack about 3 classes for my general rescue then you can start on a specialty. I have some basic ropes for low angle and we are going to have a swift water training this spring that I will be attending. NC also has high angle, wilderness rescue (SAR) flat water and surf rescue, trench, cell tower, confined space and extraction.
I highly recommend them. I don't use them with my EMS job but I volunteer for a rescue squad.
I am also a SARTECH II which is a nationally recognized program. Probably doesn't make me more marketable for a job but I love going out on searches as a volunteer.

systemet

Forum Asst. Chief
wow i really figured some folks on here would have had rescue training at some point?!?!?!?!

It might help if you mentioned where you were. I'm guessing the US? And which state(s) this (presumably) private company operates in? It's a big world :)

OP
OP
S

SARcastic1

Forum Probie
wicked good thx for the input sounds like were in a similar boat! i too have those classes at my disposal and and am sartecII but was thinking bout the marketable aspect

and to answer your ? systemet in northern ca, yes some of these might be marketable to private company but what about county/state or federal?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
wow i really figured some folks on here would have had rescue training at some point?!?!?!?!
I have quite a bit of rescue training, but none with rescue 3 int.

I am certified in advance vehicle extrication, low angle rescue, confined space rescue, fire rescue, and am presently a heavy rescue technician at my part time job. and I am probably going to get my water rescue and trench rescue within the next year or so, more for fun than anything else.

But I have never heard of rescue 3 int, so I didn't feel like I needed to comment on your question.

try asking people in your area who have used that company, they will be a better source of information than an online forum.