Remind me never to get injured in New Jersey!

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
At 17 I was ambulance crazy...you couldnt pry my nose from an ambulance tailpipe...I was eating breathing sleeping drinking and thinking EMS. Women were not a concern for me, as they tended to cause more trouble than prove to be a solution. Now that I am much older, that has all changed, I can balance my EMS life with a social life...and she is very happy to have me as part of her life!

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
Well I'm a 17 year old girl, who loves to have her social life!

Some people get absorbed in EMS and some people get absorbed in other things, I just have balancing skills. Still I'm not as absorbed in EMS as you were, I just love to swim. I swim at least an hour a day, but if I didn't have anything else to do I'd do it all day, like you would have done with your ambulance at 17.

VinBin

Forum Captain
40sCutest said:
And my constant mention of not having a boyfriend is mostly joking, you'll notice on my profile it is under a "what kind of bf/gf are you" quiz. Most people post quiz results. And it doesn't trouble me, I'm 17, it's my job to be boy crazy and self absorbed.:D

I see...

Check out this funny rant about Myspace...Its not directed at anyone, its just a joke...(and kinda true)...:shades_smile:

http://www.myspacesucks.8m.com/ [bad language, I thought I should post a warning...]

Last edited by a moderator:

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
That is funny...

And mostly true.

:lightbulb: I'm not trying to say that myspace rocks beyond belief, and any other internet invention shouldn't even bother being invented, I'm just saying not everyone and thing on myspace sucks, like me for instance.; )

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Well ok 40s, not everything on there sucks...you seem to have a pretty good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a basic are, so 99% on myspace sucks, and you are in the other 1% thats ok.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
40s, if you are half as good at EMS as you are at modesty, you will make one hell of an emt and medic...just remember to keep your ears and mind open.

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
coloradoemt said:
Well I have to say that I hope for anyone of you that lives in NJ that these clowns are not typical of EMS. I had to keep reminding myself that it was not a Truckers web site.... :rolleyes:

I have to say, I'm not looking forward to running into those sorts any time soon. :thinking:

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Easy colorado, I drove a truck for a few months...:rolleyes:
It was a job that allowed me to get away from some unpleasant times in my life, and it payed for my 2nd refresher course too!

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
FFEMT1764 said:
promote promiscuity.:thinking:

Yes! Posting my daily happening is going to make me cheat on my wife, and sleep with every loose gal in town... :sarcastic: :p

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
How did that happen? It seemed to me it had been up and running for quite some time.

ALEX??? What did you do???:nerd:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
From the MySpace.com Terms and Conditions:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/misc/terms.html?z=1&Mytoken=20040917113647

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prohibited Content includes Content that: i. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; ii. harasses or advocates harassment of another person; iii. involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming"; iv. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;

In my opinion, that whole thread pretty much qualified under a variety of reasons.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh, I whole heartedly agree. I think the only portion of the TOS they didn't violate was the junk mail portion.

I was just wondering what finally made MySpace realize what they had dedicated their site to.

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
WWWWWWWaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHhooooooooooooo!!!!!!

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I am so glad that someone over at myspace took a look at it then said" hmm, doesnt that violate our ruels??" Its about time that some of the sites on the internet started polcing themselves. Now all the good volunteers of the world can go on without fear of being persecuted!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
FFEMT1764 said:
Gee, Jon, thats just the image we should promote-NOT! Most of the women I work with are far from easy, and I am glad of that...everyone maintains a professional but fun attitude at work, no tension, no sexual harrassment suits, just good humor. Let's try to remember that we are wanting people to take us seriously and not look at us like a bunch of boobs.
I wasn't promoting it.... just quoting it...

I was wating for Captian, princess or someone else to disagree...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
FFEMT1764 said:
I am so glad that someone over at myspace took a look at it then said" hmm, doesnt that violate our ruels??" Its about time that some of the sites on the internet started polcing themselves. Now all the good volunteers of the world can go on without fear of being persecuted!
Did it get taken down???

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
FFEMT1764 said:
Easy colorado, I drove a truck for a few months...:rolleyes:
It was a job that allowed me to get away from some unpleasant times in my life, and it payed for my 2nd refresher course too!

:shades_smile: I only said that out of experience. I spent 7 years out on the road seeing this nation of ours. Still have a CDL now and drive helping a friend of mine harvest wheat in the summer.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
MedicStudentJon said:
Did it get taken down???

Must have. I can no longer access the site. :thumbs_up: