Reinstating NREMT

avdrummerboy

Forum Lieutenant
Hey all, I let my NREMT lapse in 2015 but have been working full time as an EMT in California. I am interesting in moving out of this state and was wondering if anyone has let their national lapse and had it reinstated and how it was and how it all worked. Is it difficult to do? I don't exactly have time to take a bunch of classes with a new baby and work. I feel it will be more difficult than getting my state card renewed.

Thanks

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Taken from NREMT website:

Lapsed More Than 2 Years​

Reentry into the National Registry may be granted to those who previously held, but do not currently hold, a state EMT license or a National EMT Certification provided the candidate completes:

• 40 hours of continuing education that meets all requirements of the 2016 National Continued Competency Program within the past two years
  • A state administered practical examination
  • The National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Computer-Based (Cognitive) Examination
  • And holds current CPR-BLS for "Healthcare Provider" or equivalent credential.

OP
OP
avdrummerboy

avdrummerboy

Forum Lieutenant
But that says if I do not hold a state card, which I do. Is there any different process for someone who currently holds a state card?