Recording of Jackson Paramedics Contradicts Doctor's Account of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
A recording of the moment paramedics first announced Michael Jackson's death has apparently been found online. The voice on the tape - which is believed to feature a Los Angeles Fire Department medical calling ahead to the UCLA Hospital in Santa Monica - could even be used as new evidence in the trial against the star's personal physician Dr Conrad Murray who has been charged with involuntary manslaughter...

Rest of Story HERE @ Jems.com

High Speed Chaser

Forum Crew Member
I'll admit I'm not an EMT/Medic, so I might be wrong
"We have a male, 50. Pop star Michael Jackson. Unresponsive, no pulse. Tried to resuscitate him. Unsuccessful. We are en route," the male voice said.
"OK. We'll have doctors standing by," the female voice replied.
"We've done everything we can here in the ambulance. Hopefully, when we get there -- we should be there in five minutes," the male said. "It doesn't look good."
but even to me that doesn't sound like something you would say to a receiving hospital. I mean some information like drugs that were administered prior to and after the arrest would seem like a big one to include but I'm probably wrong.

Buzz

Forum Captain
I'll admit I'm not an EMT/Medic, so I might be wrong
but even to me that doesn't sound like something you would say to a receiving hospital. I mean some information like drugs that were administered prior to and after the arrest would seem like a big one to include but I'm probably wrong.

No, you're right... That's a piss-poor radio report. I also don't know of many hospitals that wouldn't request more info after that first bit...

VentMedic

Forum Chief
When would you announce the patient's name on the air and especially that of a high profile celebrity? The LAFD has already stated this was a hoax. I'm disappointed that JEMS picked it up as newsworthy from a paper that is the equivalent of the Enquirer.

Buzz

Forum Captain
When would you announce the patient's name on the air and especially that of a high profile celebrity?

I hadn't even thought of that, though that definitely makes sense.

Actually a local radio celebrity was apparently enough to warrant being registered under an alias at a hospital here... and most people I know don't even know who he is.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Since this isn't news, I'm gonna lock the thread.

Obviously JEMS doesn't check their sources too well. I was actually a little concerned that it was just off LexisNexis newswire, and not linked from a particular paper. My apologies for not researching it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.