Recertification time inquiry regarding the NREMT

mo2002

Forum Crew Member
Please don't flame me for ignorantly not checking for related posts but I came across something I did not know, or something I misread.
I read there are two ways to recert for national (before it lapses)
1. 24 CEs plus an additional 48 CEs, and a skills or
2. Retake the NREMT and a skills.

I'm asking for confirmation because sitting for 72 hours sounds like hell to me .

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Please don't flame me for ignorantly not checking for related posts but I came across something I did not know, or something I misread.
I read there are two ways to recert for national (before it lapses)
1. 24 CEs plus an additional 48 CEs, and a skills or
2. Retake the NREMT and a skills.

I'm asking for confirmation because sitting for 72 hours sounds like hell to me .
Yes, 24 hours CEUs may be online. The other 48 have to be live. You can also use any CEVO course to add hours. There are programs online that host 24 hour live ceus so you may aqquire the 48 but its pricey about $200.

OP
OP
mo2002

mo2002

Forum Crew Member
Yea that amount for CEs is what I want to avoid. I'd rather take the NREMT again. It was a difficult test but I feel I'm better equipped to answer with experience.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea that amount for CEs is what I want to avoid. I'd rather take the NREMT again. It was a difficult test but I feel I'm better equipped to answer with experience.
You can go for it no problem but be advised you do have the other option as well. Good luck!