Really quick interview....bad?

emdub

Forum Probie
I had an interview this morning with a private company that was extremely quick... usually they last for like half an hour, with lots of questions regarding situations I've been in, etc.

This one, they asked me some basic questions like would I pass a drug test and if I knew my way around the city, and why I went into EMS. Then I asked a few questions and was out the door in 15 minutes. I don't know if that's a good or bad sign...hopefully I'll find out soon. Any ideas?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Were you dressed appropriately? Were tats, if have them, covered? Were piercings visible? Is hair a professional appearance or wild because it is your right? Was your music loud when you entered parking lot?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sassafras

Forum Captain
I just had one like that and I was dressed better than the interviewer who came in jeans in a tshirt. I simply dressed business casual. I am more concerned that it meant bad due to my lack of experience being a new EMT. Good luck though. I hope it works out for you.

Rugby Medic

Forum Ride Along
It's really impossible to tell sometimes just how an interview might've gone.

For example, in my current job, I left the interview having stumbled my way through a pathophysiology question (Define 'shock' without using the words 'inadequate tissue perfusion'.). I also, in my opinion, didn't do as well as I should've on a scenario, and I answered any general HR questions with succinct, to-the-point responses, elaborating only if they asked me to.

I got offered the job the next day.

Have faith, be positive, and keep your head up. At the worst, all they'll say is 'no'. And trust me, I've had it said to me a couple of times.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Betcha a buck they need warm bodies and you're in! Let us know.

OP
OP
E

emdub

Forum Probie
I was 15 min early, dressed awesome, hair up and tats/piercings covered. Took off all my jewelery. The usual. I know there are at least 2 positions available...hopefully I'm in, thanks guys I'll keep you posted.

The only thing I'm worried about is when I was asked why I got into EMS I told the interviewer that I started out wanting to go to nursing school and it just wasn't something I was into....then I realized he was an RN. Oops. I love nurses, it's just not for me.

Rugby Medic

Forum Ride Along
I wouldn't worry about the nursing comment. It's not a crime if it isn't for you, and I don't know a lot of people who got into EMS not coming from somewhere else. I came from a Culinary Arts background when I got my first job as a EMT-B more than three years ago. My closest friend in the business switched his major in college to Paramedicine from Photography.

I think you're fine. Honestly, if they ask you questions about your ability to pass a drug test and to successfully navigate the city, those are pretty good signs.

OP
OP
E

emdub

Forum Probie
I got the job :) thanks everyone. I'm stoked.

OP
OP
E

emdub

Forum Probie
ALS on the North Coast. Private company...most are up here aside from fd. I'm so stoked on this job!!