Quick question, LCC

swindlman

Forum Crew Member
Alright, so i live in Michigan and am attending LCC (Lansing Community College) for my EMS and Fire science training and have always heard of it being a pretty well known college in those areas and fairly well respected. I used to tend bar at a local bar and had some Chicago Firefighters come in one day and we got to talking and they knew and heard about it and hand nothing but good things to say about it.
But back to the reason for my post, I'm just wondering how well known it actually is. Just figure ill see how well known it might be with everyone here in the case i want to go out of state when i am finished for work...

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I went to Oakland Community College for EMT-Basic school, and learned about Lansing Community College while at MSU. I don't believe that LCC, or any school in Michigan, is known or exceptionally respected outside Michigan.

People I've talked to have a funny way of believing that their school is exceptionally better than the rest, but I've found that most community colleges in general have solid EMS programs.

Lansing Community College has a relatively rigorous selection process, which tends to weed out quite a few that would attend other programs, but beyond that I think it's just one of many community colleges around the nation providing quality EMS education.

Buzz

Forum Captain
As of December 2nd, 2008, Lansing Community College had one of only two CAAHEP accredited EMT and paramedic programs in the state...the other one is HVA, if anyone cares. I'd never even heard of LCC's medic program mentioned until I came here and saw a few posts people had made about it.

KiloSierra

Forum Ride Along
update

this is only a couple years late…
LCC is… good. amazing instructors. Horrible school set up. shady billing…. but great instructors. they are also the only 68W to paramedic program in the country. is short and intense but its a bridge if you think you can hack it. a couple people in my MM2P class shouldn't be here.. but hey.

FltMedicRob

Forum Crew Member
this is only a couple years late…
LCC is… good. amazing instructors. Horrible school set up. shady billing…. but great instructors. they are also the only 68W to paramedic program in the country. is short and intense but its a bridge if you think you can hack it. a couple people in my MM2P class shouldn't be here.. but hey.

I was in the 2nd class of the MM2P and yes the instructors are fantastic. The billing office is a bit "out there". As to folks that shouldn't be there, that will get sorted out. We had a few that we thought the same of and the last day they were not there anymore....