QUICK!!! lol - EMS Boots

EMTelite

Forum Lieutenant
Hey guys sorry for the urgent message but I just got hired on with AMR and I need to know what kind of boots I should get, I found a boot that is water and slip resistant and a steel toe and is very comfortable and affordable but I dont know if I need any special things on the boot aka B/B pathogen resist or anything like that my budget is $174 as of right now for the boots and I have them on hold at a store

please help :)

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Weatherproof and steel toe.

Mine I think are about sixty bucks.

8jimi8

CFRN
Thefirestore.com

haix airpower boots on sale 89$. You save like $110 the boots are awesome and haix will totally refurbish the boots for a lifetime for 79$

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm wearing $35 Wal-Mart steel toe boots with a zipper laced into them. The only other boots I would recommend are the Converse Tac boots. THE most comfortable boots I've ever worn

rmellish

Forum Captain
Thefirestore.com

haix airpower boots on sale 89$. You save like $110 the boots are awesome and haix will totally refurbish the boots for a lifetime for 79$

Oh dang, I spent nearly 200 on mine....this is depressing.

8jimi8

CFRN

terrible one

Always wandering
Redbacks

1229373459968_f5_10.jpg

Slip on style boot, super comfortable. available in steel toe. Cost is around $140

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
The Firestore Haix deal is great, if they have them in your size.

I don't think my employee manual covers anything other than "good black boots"

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
i have a pair of RED WINGS that i use for work, but i also work up in the mountains! :p

cookiexd40

Forum Crew Member
Thefirestore.com

I totally agree...I love my haix boots...extremely comfy and tough..but mine where 200 plus bucks

imurphy

Forum Captain
I just got a nice pair of Magnus Stelth 2. First time I've ever had to buy boots for work (Damn not getting issued here!!)

The reason I got them?

My previous issued boots were the Magnum Stelth 1. They're VERY comfortable, I haven;t had to break them in, they're both warm and cool and have protective toe caps.

I HIGHLY advise getting the protective cap. Strechers, monitors, drunks etc are heavy!!

As for the other nice feature, a zipper, I love it. Especially on a 24 when you are too tired to remember how to tie your laces!

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
My previous issued boots were the Magnum Stelth 1. They're VERY comfortable, I haven;t had to break them in, they're both warm and cool and have protective toe caps.

I HIGHLY advise getting the protective cap. Strechers, monitors, drunks etc are heavy!!

As for the other nice feature, a zipper, I love it. Especially on a 24 when you are too tired to remember how to tie your laces!

Only problem with the Magnum zippers, being circular, there's a lot more stress on them than there should be, I had to keep having mine resewn, it's why I now, like others, wear haix (and, even though mine were just over 200, work is paying me back for 150 of it).

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I would say magnums for that price. But go for Redwings!!!

whatevah

Forum Probie
I've only had them for a few weeks, but the Haix Rescue boots are nice. A little heavier than I wanted (was originally looking at Bates) but they're tough. They do take a while to break in, since there is so much leather compared to the sneaker boots I normally prefer. A few EMS guys at my fire company have various Haix (Airpower X1 and Rescue) boots and all love them. My feet haven't gotten hot, I guess that "climate system" thing works. They have anti-slip tread, but it doesn't work on asphalt covered in vehicle fluids. :) They seem to be sized a little small, so I'd suggest ordering a half-size large if you like to wear thick socks.

The companies around here don't require anything special for footwear, so you'll occasionally see some guys/gals wearing black sneakers when they're in shorts. Safety toe is a good idea, so many heavy things around even if you're doing IFT work instead of EMS.

peskyfish

Forum Probie
I got the Haix deal at the firestore a couple of weeks ago. I love them! Super comfy and thay stay cool all day long in the Hot So Cal sun. I almost spent $200 on them before I saw they where on sale for $89 on a thread on this site. Thanks for the heads up people!

Double-E

Forum Crew Member
blackpitboss.gif

bought a pair of these. i had them in tan before but need them in black for work. i used to wear them loading trucks for UPS and they were damn near the most comfy things i've ever put on my feet. very sturdy and they come in wide ftw!

$80 online...think they retail for $120 or something like that :p