Questionare: How many runs? etc.

joo

Forum Probie
How many runs do you do in a day?

911 or non-emergency? ALS or BLS?

What kind of shift(s) do you work?

What area do you work in?

If you want, what company(s) do you work for?

How do you do reports? (Computer or paper)

If have anything you want to add go for it?

lcbjr3000

Forum Probie
Day to day things vary but an avg year we do: 800-900 calls per year. 600 of those are als. We do about 300 transfers a year. I work for a rural ambulance service that covers 7 towns approx 622 sq miles. Our reports are done by paper on scene and er and then transfered to computer database for the state.

OP
OP
J

joo

Forum Probie
I guess I'll start

Anywhere from 0 to 15, depending on shift and company.

911 or non-emergency? ALS or BLS?911, and critical care transports between hospitals. BLS for 911 (with ALS if needed) and ALS (Nurse, Doctor?) on critical care transports

12 hour shifts, rotating schedule

New Castle County, Delaware

3 New Castle County fire companies part time, and 1 Full time Critical care transport unit based out of hospital.

Paper for critical care transports, computer for 911 (EDIN)

One of the fire companies I work for is notoriously busy (approx 6500 ems calls a year) and the other too are no so busy (2000 calls a year, and 500 calls a year).

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly

5-7 when I stopped working.

Non-emergency, but calls included SNF->ER calls that could be anywhere from a stubbed toe to a patient circling the drain. There was also a healthy number of CCT calls which utilized RNs and RTs as needed to supplement the BLS crew.

Most of the shifts were 12 hour shifts. I was working Saturday and Sunday 10am-10pm plus when I could pick up. You worked the same days week to week [no Kelly schedule].

Suburban land mass [Southern California]

Paper

Epi-do

I see dead people
How many runs do you do in a day? We've had just under 100 EMS for the year so far at my station alone, so 3-4 per shift on average.

911 or non-emergency? ALS or BLS? 911. It varies if our ambulance is staffed ALS or BLS (at least until I get out of medic class and get my cert), but all of our engines/ladder/squad are always ALS so having a medic onscene is never an issue.

What kind of shift(s) do you work? 24 on/48 off

What area do you work in? urban/suburban (east side of Indy)

If you want, what company(s) do you work for? full-time civilain EMT for local FD

How do you do reports? (Computer or paper) Currently, still the old fashioned way - pen and paper. We are supposed to be going to the tablet/laptop computers sometime this spring.

eggshen

Forum Lieutenant
10ish, record is 22. 85,000 per year for the system.

911, ALS

4 10s

Urban

Laptop

Egg

paccookie

Forum Lieutenant

Typically each crew runs somewhere around 8-15 in a 24 hour period, though sometimes it's more or less. The whole service runs about 1500-2000 calls each month.

911. We run mostly ALS (either two paramedics or a paramedic and an intermediate), though sometimes we have a BLS truck on the road staffed with two intermediates.

We have the option of 24/48 or 4 12 hour day shifts. They also offer us PRN or part time positions, we have many people who take advantage of that and work just a few days each month. I'm a day shifter, waiting for a 24/48 spot to open up, although I work much more than the 4 12s a week.

Warner Robins, GA. It's a very fast-growing small city/town about 20 minutes south of Macon or just under 2 hours south of Atlanta.

I work for a hospital-based service.

computer (tablet)

Emt /b/

Forum Crew Member
An 8 hour shift averages about 5 calls. So far this year our company has done about 14000 calls.

BLS, 911 and non-emergency.

I work an 8 hour shift on Tuesday and Thursday, then a 24 on Friday (carrying over to Saturday).

North of Boston.

Paper.

AZFF/EMT

Forum Lieutenant
1-7 calls per shift. Our whole district runs 10-25 a day.
-Work for a Fire District we have about 250 sq. miles for fire coverage and 2000 sq. miles for EMS. We cover the far western part of maricopa county, AZ.
-24 on 48 off schedule. We have 3 reserve rescue that run varying shifts that they sign up for each month.
-Our rescue's are staffed with 1 medic and 1 basic. Our engines are 2 medics and 2 basics.
-Paper reports and enter them online in emergency reporting after.
-Most calls are ALS, we switch and medic will drive and basic attends on some calls when appropriate.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
How many runs do you do in a day? 0-12, depending upon which agency I'm at that day.

911 or non-emergency? ALS or BLS? Yes...vollie at 911 BLS, and work at ALS non-emergent

What kind of shift(s) do you work? 12-48 hrs

What area do you work in? Vollie - rural; employee - urban

If you want, what company(s) do you work for? Pass....

How do you do reports? (Computer or paper) Paper for vollie, Paper/ePCR for work

That's about it for me.

Aileana

Forum Lieutenant
How many runs do you do in a day? varies...Have had as few as 3, and shifts where I lose count...

911 or non-emergency? ALS or BLS? emergent, BLS/ALS varies by day.

What kind of shift(s) do you work? 12 hours, rotating schedule

What area do you work in? near Toronto, Ontario

How do you do reports? paper

dschambers3

Forum Probie
How many runs do you do in a day? 4-8 varies on shift length

911 or non-emergency? ALS or BLS? The area I work is transports but we do have 911 also. We run ALS and BLS

What kind of shift(s) do you work? I am a swing shift worker due to Paramedic school. Usually 8-16 hr shifts

What area do you work in?Dallas,TX

If you want, what company(s) do you work for?AMR

How do you do reports? (Computer or paper) Chisel,Hammer, and Stone....paper

If have anything you want to add go for it?nothing as of now

So. IL Medic

Forum Lieutenant

Days vary - avg 6-10, sometimes 0, sometimes over 20. Approx. 9,000-10,000 a year
24 hr shifts
Mostly rural, small towns
A tri-county private 911 service
Paper reports

Grady_emt

Forum Captain
How many runs do you do in a day? Never run less than 4, most was 18 on New Years eve. Over 104,000 as a whole last year with about 79k transports.

ALS 911

I work 3x13.5hr shifts a week, but we have 8, 10, 12 and the 13.5s

The City of Atlanta, from the rich,rich parts of town, down to the worst ghettos around.

A large hospital based 911 system.

Paper that gets scanned online at the end of the shift. Supposed to be getting toughbooks soon though.