Question about where to find a Broselow Tape

EMT78

Forum Ride Along
Can anyone guide me in the direction of where to find a Broselow Tape?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Why?

They aren't cheap. If you aren't a medic, a pedi-wheel should work fine for you. If
you REALLY want a browslow tape, try Browslow Tape

Pedi Wheel

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
The only time a piece of paper can cost your months rent! ;) :lol: :blink:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
the've gone down.. ther are only 30 bucks or so... still.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Since the cost is so high, try to get them to buy it for the EMS unit & keep it in the ped kit. ...

Be safe,
R/R 911

OP
OP
E

EMT78

Forum Ride Along
Well, I would like to Thank Ridryder911 for being kind and giving an answer,

BUT to MedicStudentJon, your a true "soon to be "Medic" edited" WHY? What does it matter? Maybe I just want to play with it.
As a matter of fact I'm about finished with the Intermediate course and will be getting bridged to MEDIC myself in 4 months, And it would be a benefit for our service (Which we are all going "MEDIC").

Thanks to you who responded. I actually found a website that sells them for $120 for 5 of them. Armstong Medical. I hope the MEDIC'S we come across in the future are not so hard assed. Just remember (just because your title says "Medic", you must first be "Basic" without it, your nothing!!

Thanks for all of your help.

EDIT: To remove personal attack

OP
OP
E

EMT78

Forum Ride Along
Sorry, If I come off mean but it's been a bad day at the station and if I want a Broselow tape to better the care of my pt's then can't I be entitled to that?

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
WOW! EMT78, perhaps you should take a breath and reread Jon's answer. He simply stated they weren't cheap and you respond with calling him names.

I guess that speaks volumes.

By the way, Welcome to EMT Life. Perhaps when your having a better day you will post some more and contribute much to our forums. There is much to be learned from these guys.

Even Jon. ;)

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
WHOA! :eek:

I think you need to calm down here, look if you needed a quick direct answer you couldve googled it and found a supplier that meets your demands. ;)

Also John happens to be my friend, you dont mess with muh friends. :angry:

Nice way to make a first impression BTW.... <_<

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Remember, if it feels good to say it, you should think it over first. My father told me that.. often. Jon responded in a perfectly nice way, and even provided a link. Kind of harsh over reaction to nonexistant negativity. Gotta learn to chill, no matter how bad your day was. Good way to get an ulcer, early MI, HTN..

As a paramedic, I've never seen a Broselow Tape on the job..

They have them in the ER Pedi Crash Cart. Too expensive to carry on the rig, things get stolen. You can't improve care with a piece of vinyl, has to come from you..

We use the Pedi Wheel ALS version, and the BLS rigs use the Pedi Wheel FR version, 9.99 compared to 39.99. In fact, it's very hard to even find a company that sells them anymore. EMP used to.. I bought one of their Pediatric ALS kits for 400 bucks. Still have that, don't know if it has the BT or not. Life Assist had them for 37.95.

I have one in a box somewhere. I "borrowed it" from Medic One's rig when I worked the city. They had like six cases of them, for PALS training. I figured if they had four in the rig, still packaged, they could spare one. If fact, when I left, I had quite a going away package from my partner. He loaded up a huge box of useless crap from the station. Salesmen would give us stuff all the time, of course, someone had to have been getting a kickback off of some of the crap the city bought. This "E" shaped thing to keep peoples hands on their chest while carrying them on a board for CPR. JUNK. Cost 13 bucks a pop, they broke left and right. Literally, first the left broke, then the right. I probably have a few in the garage, what I didn't pawn off to the locals for patches and T-shirts.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
EMT78 said:
Sorry, If I come off mean but it's been a bad day at the station and if I want a Broselow tape to better the care of my pt's then can't I be entitled to that?

No problem.

I'm thick skinned (hey, I just about grew up in a firehouse).

I wasn't trying to say that you shouldn't have one, just trying to say that it is expensive, and they tent to "walk away"

Perhaps your service could buy one, but you probably work for an ambulance Co. like mine, that has better things to spend its money on, like the owners:sarcastic: .

I wasn't trying to downgrade the tape, or the idea that it will help better treat your patients, just trying to disuade you from spending money on something you don't need.

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
We still love ya Jon....:)