Priority one

Ediron

Forum Crew Member
Ive read in some articles that priority one is
really bad in LA county?

They called me for an interview but i have an interview at bowers as well.
and
they also require ICS 100,200, and 700

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
No experience whatsoever with them.

But if it is just the ICS courses holding you up, you can get all three of those thru FEMAs EMI self study program. I did all of them in one day....

Buzz

Forum Captain
Why not interview at both? Just because you get an interview doesn't mean you've got the job.. nor does it mean you have to accept a job offer should you get one after the interview.

CARRERA

Forum Probie
They came to my class to talk about their company and they were one of the companies I liked the most but their pay is a little on the low side. The owners are very involved and when I have called, the staff sounded liked they'd be nice to work with. I'm keeping them in mind. I'm almost done with the ICS courses.

Tonester

Forum Probie
My daughter who was approximately 13 mos. at the time had a severe asthma attack and I had to take her to the ER. She was admitted by the hospital but they did not have a ped unit so she had to be transferred to another facility. Pacific Ambulance did the IFT and I rode in the back of the ALS rig.

The CCN and EMT-B were real nice and seemed like they knew what they were doing. I was close to the end of my EMT-B course and I let them know I planned on working for private ambulance company after I graduated.

Because of the positive experience I had with Pacific (Bowers), I submitted an application a couple of weeks ago. I now have a interview set up with them in the very near future.

I wish you the best success on both interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
From what I been hearing they are okay company to work for. I currently own nemt and in process of opening an ambulance company so been doing some research. I am little surprised that they came to your class being there are plenty of EMT currently available due to economy.

Edit, they operate 20 ambulance in la, and just got permission to put 10 in service.
http://ens.lacity.org/ladot/transreports/ladottransreports242563850_12032009.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
It is common practice for ambulance companies to come in to talk to EMT classes on a regular scheduled basis. It's not always based on staffing needs.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
It is common practice for ambulance companies to come in to talk to EMT classes on a regular scheduled basis. It's not always based on staffing needs.

Yes i know, however i personally will not be doing it. I do not see reason to do it unless recruting starting to become a problem.

EMS25

Forum Crew Member
They do have 30 vehicle running in city Los Angeles currently, so they must be donig something right.

I just didn't like the pay. If I am at work 24 hours, I want to get paid for 24 hours. I think we are underpaid anyways so I rather work for a company who pays me right.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I just didn't like the pay. If I am at work 24 hours, I want to get paid for 24 hours. I think we are underpaid anyways so I rather work for a company who pays me right.

I totally agree with you, however with how bad the economy is they can afford to do anything they want as long as it's legal and i am not sure if it's.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I totally agree with you, however with how bad the economy is they can afford to do anything they want as long as it's legal and i am not sure if it's.
Unless I'm mistaken, it is legal to do that. However, they'd have to pay for any time you're out on a call during "sleep time". IIRC, they've been doing that for years. They don't have to pay for "sleep time", and 1 hour for each of 3 meal periods... but you MUST be completely relieved of duty during each meal period. So, that means that under "ideal" circumstances, you'd not be paid for 11 hours out of 24 (13 paid out of 24 hours...)