Prehospital Physicians

OP
OP
R

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
That would be it haha. Where in the states do they still use House Officer?

JPINFV

Gadfly
That would be it haha. Where in the states do they still use House Officer?

You'll see "house staff" or "house officer" on things like internal memos more than anything else.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
House officer is used all the time in this area.

It denotes an administrative/managemet level nurse that is responsible for the day to day operations of the hospital.

Example is tracking beds/bed availability, handling schedule openings, coordinating incoming transfer patients etc.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
They are either Consultants or Senior Registrars in Emergency or Intensive Care Medicine.

A House Officer is a doctor in their first two years out of school who is still interning in various specialties.

Vao

Forum Probie
Are there any systems in the US that utilize physicians in some response capacity? Whether it's a special case call out or a dedicated part of the response framework.
I know Maryland has the Go Team out of STC and I think somewhere in Jersey has some physicians in the field, but is there anywhere else?
And for anyone with experience in this system, how does it improve (or worsen :confused: ) patient care?

RWJUH (Lvl 1 Trauma, NJ) had Dr. Merlin leading the EMS doc program, he would respond out for crush/amp. I think he's with MONOC now...I could be wrong.