Practicals

Blacke00

Forum Lieutenant
So today I went to the local Air National Guard base to help my instructor's military class of 30 do their practicals. This class did in 3 weeks what my class is doing in almost 2 semesters!

I had to assist for the Kendrick Extraction Device by holding C-Spine for whoever was testing, be a patient for the traction splint station (everybody chose to use the Kendrick Traction Device), be the assistant for the cardiac/AED station (which means I had to do all the compressions for 5 students, ugh!), and was a patient for medical assessment...

I have to say, I think when the time comes for MY practicals, I'm hoping this will help me to be more relaxed, and not get all wound-up and over-think everything.

Anyway, if any other students out there have the opportunity to do this, I highly recommend it.

Kevin

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Seeing how pracitcals happen (and being a patient in them) is extremely helpful in preperation for your own test. If possible, see if you can bring your own patient to the practicals-- you can review with them how you do things, what to expect, etc.
See below my notes after being a patient myself
http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=4634

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
This class did in 3 weeks what my class is doing in almost 2 semesters!
Kevin

Just how much retention do you think they will they have in three months?

R/r 911