practical skills verification??

micsaver

Forum Crew Member
I filled out the application to take the NREMT test. My application status now looks like this:

Course Completion: Course Completion Verified
Practical Skills Verification: Verification Request Submitted

It's been a few weeks. I spoke with my instructor and he said that the practical skills verification goes to the state to be verified. However, if you click on the link provided with the "practical skills verification" it says that it was sent to my instructor. I looked all over the NREMT site for an e-mail to ask them about it, but couldn't find anything. Does this usually take a really long time to go through? Is it the state that I'm waiting for?

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Have you taken the written yet? I'm not certain but I think mine still said it was waiting for verification when I got my fancy patch in the mail after passing the written.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
NREMT does NOT have practical examination per say for the Basic level. Your school or state has to send in a verification that you have passed the state or school standards.

Your instructor should be more clear on what and why it is taking so long, as well as a follow up on where your process is at.

You can contact the NREMT per phone and discuss it with the representative.

R/r 911

OP
OP
micsaver

micsaver

Forum Crew Member
Thanks Rid. I have been all over the NREMT website and the only contact I can find, e-mail or phone number, is for the webmaster. My teachers responce to me was, "According to the Skills Verification section, only the state can verify that section." Do you know where to find some contact info?

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks Rid. I have been all over the NREMT website and the only contact I can find, e-mail or phone number, is for the webmaster. My teachers responce to me was, "According to the Skills Verification section, only the state can verify that section." Do you know where to find some contact info?

The EMS site for Massachusetts

Found by googling Massachusetts Office of EMS

I assumed the state contact number you were looking for was Massachusetts, If you need help finding another state let us know. Also NREMT has a list of all state's EMS contact numbers:

http://www.nremt.org/EMTServices/emt_cand_state_offices.asp

OP
OP
micsaver

micsaver

Forum Crew Member
Thanks, I was actually looking for a NREMT contact number. I did more digging on google and found this one 1-614-888-4484. MA isn't a NREMT state, but I guess I could call them too and ask them what is taking so long.

reaper

Working Bum
Go right to the NREMT website. There is a phone number in there.