Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

gw812

Forum Crew Member
Took EMT-B exam yesterday & it stopped at 40! I thought for sure I had failed because the lowest number I've ever heard it stop at was 70, but I found out this morning that I PASSED!!!! :D

Forget Facebook, wanna drive my ambulance??? 40 q's and a pass, daaaang...

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Between 70/80 passed

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Took EMT-B exam yesterday & it stopped at 40! I thought for sure I had failed because the lowest number I've ever heard it stop at was 70, but I found out this morning that I PASSED!!!! :D

Not to call BS, but if you took NREMT, it just isn't POSSIBLE to only get 40 questions. It IS possible to loose track of your number, though. :)

kaaatielove

Forum Crew Member
Not to call BS, but if you took NREMT, it just isn't POSSIBLE to only get 40 questions. It IS possible to loose track of your number, though. :)

What do you mean, not to call BS... You're obviously doing it.. 26 minutes into the exam question number 40- I answered it & the screen turns to "You have completed the exam....etc." I'm not a BSer.. It's obviously possible if it happened to me and I received my certificate in the mail 4 days later.. :)

emtcaliguy

Forum Ride Along
test

The test is adaptive, 8 categories, five questions per category. If you got them all right the computer would decide with 95% certainty you meet the minimum standards. ,40 is enough to pass.

ATFDFF

Forum Crew Member
The test is adaptive, 8 categories, five questions per category. If you got them all right the computer would decide with 95% certainty you meet the minimum standards. ,40 is enough to pass.

Uhm, no. Direct quote from NREMT website:

As mentioned before the length of a CAT exam is variable. Sometimes a candidate can demonstrate a level of competency in as few as 60 test items.

Also, there are six categories:

"NREMT computer based exams are constructed to ensure that each candidate receives a distribution of items from six major categories: Airway & Breathing, Cardiology, Medical, Trauma, OB/Gyn/Peds, and Operations."

source: http://www.nremt.org/nremt/about/about_exams.asp

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
What do you mean, not to call BS... You're obviously doing it.. 26 minutes into the exam question number 40- I answered it & the screen turns to "You have completed the exam....etc." I'm not a BSer.. It's obviously possible if it happened to me and I received my certificate in the mail 4 days later.. :)

As I said. 40 isn't possible.

26 minutes. That's possible. I did my recert last year as recert-by-exam. Cut off at 80 questions (minimum) and I think I was out the door ~30 minutes after starting, and I wasn't trying to go fast. For some reason, the test got easier the 2nd time!

jameswf

Forum Probie
25 minutes
Question 71
---- stress -----
2 hours
---- stress -----
---- stress -----
5 hours....
YOU PASSED awwwwwe snap....
Life is good...